Author Topic: Bathroom Faucet Rebuild on '04 Monterey  (Read 4557 times)

Bill Sprague

Bathroom Faucet Rebuild on '04 Monterey
« on: October 25, 2014, 10:08:39 PM »
The bathroom faucets, with no apparent brand name, have been leaking around the head and base while the water is running.  

It took some time with YouTubes, but I figured out how to get it apart.  The trick was finding out that the shaft under the handle does not twist.  Based on experience and instructions for other faucets, it seemed the handle should pull straight off.  It probably would if it was brand new.  Turns out that with this design, you remove the set screw and you can gently twist the handle off.  

After disassembly, I took parts to ACE.  The plumbing manager said they looked like Delta parts and sold me a $7.50 Ace kit for "Delta Style" faucets.  I bought some ACE silicon plumbing grease to go with the parts.  The kit had several extra parts for other faucet styles, but had what I needed.  

It took me a few hours for the first one.  The second took 15 minutes.  Attached is a picture with the part number for the kit and the faucet style to help if you have something similar.  

(Photo is in next message in this thread due to size. Admin)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 10:34:12 PM by 8439 »

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
Re: Bathroom Faucet Rebuild on '04 Monterey
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2014, 10:36:51 PM »
Photo
Steve
Coachless
2015- 6/24  07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp

Bill Sprague

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2014, 12:13:46 AM »
Thanks Steve.  I gotta figure that size part out!

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2014, 02:25:18 AM »
Steve and I created a resizing guide that's a "Sticky" in the General Discussions section, Bill.  

But the easiest way I've found to tackle photos to post here is to open them in Paint (if you use Windows), hit the Image menu and choose Resize/Skew, then under Resize change the horizontal and vertical field numbers from 100 down to 25% and hit OK.  I then Save As and rename the modified picture by inserting "resized" just before the .jpg extension.  

Often if the photo is for brief use on the forum only (or a quick email), I just choose to save it on my desktop temporarily where it's easy to find and add to my post after returning to this Forum.

I know the above may sound involved, but once you've done it a few times, it's a piece of cake;  it is my "go to" resizing method now even though Steve and I explored many others in developing our Guide.

By the way, thanks for the faucet info.  As I recall the last time we used the coach (much, much too long ago) I recall one bathroom faucet was oozing around its base a tad, and it looks just like your faucet.  The big problem with ours is the device's proximity to the back wall.  The clearance is so tight that it's exceptionally difficult to service any parts.  Just closing the drain can be a project due to the plunger's closeness to the wall.

Joel  ;)
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 02:36:32 AM by 77 »
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Bill Sprague

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2014, 01:37:46 PM »
Quote from: Joel Ashley
......I recall one bathroom faucet was oozing around its base a tad, and it looks just like your faucet.  The big problem with ours is the device's proximity to the back wall.  The clearance is so tight that it's exceptionally difficult to service any parts.  Just closing the drain can be a project due to the plunger's closeness to the wall.

Thanks for the help with the photo resizing.  I had to re-learn what that was about.  I had saved it to a smaller file size, but not smaller pixel size.  

You don't have to do anything from the back.  You don't need any clearance there at all.  The set screw is behind the little red and blue plastic insert I marked with the arrow below.  Pop it out with a fingernail or pen knife.  Behind is a set screw.  When the set screw is removed you can twist the handle left to right beyond its normal range while pulling straight up.  ( Twist it from 9 o'clock to 3 o'clock.)  That releases it from any hard water deposits or corrosion.   Once the handle is off, all the parts come out and go back in from the top.  

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2014, 08:29:52 PM »
Yup, I've had them apart before and knew that.  But if a person ever wanted to remove/replace the entire unit, the working space, on ours at least, would make for a lot of bad language.

Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat