Author Topic: MCD Shades  (Read 15566 times)

Jerry Carr

• BAC Member
  • 06 Pat. Thunder Cat. C13
Re: MCD Shades
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2014, 03:34:12 PM »
Jeff they did remove and notch the top corner of each post panel they also remove 1/2" from the front edge. the shade is about 1"longer then the panels so the shade passes by the front edge.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 05:29:43 PM by 1651 »
Regards,
Jerry Carr
Past Region 1 V.P.
Entegra Anthem
06 Pat. Thunder Cat C13

Jerry Carr

• BAC Member
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2014, 03:36:07 PM »
Jeff here is a photo with the day shade down
Regards,
Jerry Carr
Past Region 1 V.P.
Entegra Anthem
06 Pat. Thunder Cat C13

Dick Simonis

« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2014, 04:14:30 PM »
;Jerry, did they only use one shade??  Looks pretty nifty if they did and the shade just slides right down the edges rather than hanging straight down.  I'm I seeing this correctly?

Jeff Watt

« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2014, 04:31:46 PM »
Jerry,

Looks like a nice flush fit. I see on the MCD website they have "platinum" and "gold" versions. I guess I am skimming it too fast as I don't see a big difference. Which type did you install?

They say about 4-5 days; is that how long it took for you?

Jeff

Jerry Carr

• BAC Member
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2014, 05:39:08 PM »
Jeff we did use the platinum this is a better product and add's a slight cost. I did the wiring myself before the install and used just one of the dash switches(the passenger)  this one is only working with the key on, so we have the sun screen on this switch and can use the MCD screen as a sun shade as we drive.

The night shade I used the original curtain switch this work's with the key off and seemed to be the best choice since we already use this switch for this purpose    
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 06:20:59 PM by 1651 »
Regards,
Jerry Carr
Past Region 1 V.P.
Entegra Anthem
06 Pat. Thunder Cat C13

Jim Skatzka

« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2014, 02:33:09 PM »
Jerry, Thanks for the pic.  I must be having a case of the dumbs but even though we have the same yr and model coach there  is no way I can see that I have enough of that A pillar for mine to ride on.  also were you there when they did the install and did you watch them remove the A pillar cover? I have no screws on the cover at all. it appears you need to remove the inside drivers window frame to get it off?  any thoughts on that?   Thanks!

Jim

Keith Oliver

« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2014, 03:47:37 PM »
Jim:

When I had mine done, the new shades ride down the front surface a new A Pillar, made to fit.  It isn't the same shape as the original, it has a surface parallel to the plane of the shades, for the ride, and at right angles to that, the surface you see.  It has one screw at the top and one at the bottom to hold it in place and is covered with a vinyl material very close in colour to your original.

Jim Skatzka

« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2014, 05:36:18 PM »
Thanks Keith,  that sounds like a plan.  Good project when we get settled in Fl. Our last coach had about an inch and a half of surface on the A pillar cover and it made it real easy.  Thanks again!

Jim

Jerry Carr

• BAC Member
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2014, 10:29:27 PM »
on the 06 thunder the passenger side A pillar panel has only one screw that shows the other 2 screw are behind the door frame panel.
on the drivers side our 06 has just 2 screws
The original panels did need a notch for the shades and they cut the front edge back about 1/2" the shades ride on the front edge.

Very simple job I plan to improve the project a bit on my return to seattle . I plan to fill in on the back side of the panels to fill the gaps

I think the job done by MCD was just OK and could have been finished better. I will do the correct job at home.

I felt a little rushed at mcd THEY HAD A LINE UP in the parking area with just one tech doing all the work. If doing the job again I would have just bought the product and have done the install myself.    

Regards,
Jerry Carr
Past Region 1 V.P.
Entegra Anthem
06 Pat. Thunder Cat C13

Jim Skatzka

« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2014, 01:30:32 AM »
Jerry, believe or not ours has no screws on the drivers side it appears the cover is held on by the inner window frame. oh well nothing is simple!   lol  Thanks!

Jim