Author Topic: Chassis voltage pulsating  (Read 10117 times)

Dan n Lisa Lund

Re: Chassis voltage pulsating
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2014, 01:58:44 AM »
[size=14]I may have just figured out what that switch is that I am talking about! HAHA....   I think it is the mirror heat switch! HOW embarrassing.....   !   Well it looks like a battery picture on it but I bet it is a picture of a heated mirror!!!   ??)  I still have a lot to learn. [/size]

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2014, 02:25:14 AM »
My coach has 5 toggle switches in a horizontal row beneath the Kenwood on the left dash.  They are, in order, left to right:  1) Driving Lights, 2) Dock Lights, 3) Start Boost, 4) Gen Start, and 5) ATC.  None of the switches in my coach have pictures, only words in a white plastic plate imbedded within each switch.

I wonder if your "Connect" switch is the same as my ATC switch?  ATC - Automatic Traction Control, wasn't it?

Hmmmm... my mirror heat switches are on the left wall horizontal plate (left of the driver's arm rest) aft of the transmission shift pad.

Hey - this is fun... like looking for Easter eggs.
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!

Dan n Lisa Lund

« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2014, 02:38:01 AM »
[size=14]Yeah,  thats it! The left wall horizontal plate is where this switch is that I now know as the mirror heat switch. I don't think I have an automatic traction control switch. But who knows?  Like I said, I have a lot to learn. So with all this information, I think what Joel said is probably what happened to my alternator. I believe that when we picked up the coach that the new house batteries were not fully charged. That is something that the dealer should have caught and informed me about. Thank you guys.[/size]

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2014, 04:24:16 AM »
It's a $400 to $500 lesson we all must learn, I guess.  I learned it in July 2013.  You can either buy diesel to run the generator, or pay for shore power, or replace the alternator every now and then if you don't charge up the batteries before hitting the road.
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!