Author Topic: aladdin question  (Read 4928 times)

Jerry Carr

• BAC Member
  • 06 Pat. Thunder Cat. C13
aladdin question
« on: November 03, 2014, 03:46:34 PM »
I am not with my coach right now but I did have an issue with the Aladdin operation, I had an issue with moving the selected field when I toggle to the right(on screen) the system appears to be stuck I can go left and was having some issues going up as well. I thought the selector switch might be the issue so I changed the drivers switch with the one from the kitchen. I still had the same problem moving the selection to the right.

I am not at the coach but thought I would run the issue by the great minds on the forum!
Regards,
Jerry Carr
Past Region 1 V.P.
Entegra Anthem
06 Pat. Thunder Cat C13

Stan Simpson

• BAC Member
  • One mile South of the Cheddar Curtain
Re: aladdin question
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2014, 04:54:27 PM »
I'm having the same issue, but not always. I will be following this thread, interested in the  knowledge of others!

Stan
Stan Simpson & Becky Glover & Moe the cat
2005 Monterey Laguna IV
C9 400 Cat
Honda CRV toad

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2014, 09:35:08 PM »
Check the Coach Assist section Guys.  I left a copy of my manual there and there appears to be one other, plus Bill Sprague put an Aladdin troubleshooting guide there as well.  Perhaps among the 3 resources you'll find an answer.

If you can't change fields in some direction, it's often because the option doesn't actually exist off that particular starting field, even though by at first common sense it would seem to.  That doesn't exclude the possibility there is a software fault that may require a system reset.

From one "great mind" to two others,   ;D
Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Dean Johnson

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2014, 12:00:11 AM »
Jerry,
I had the same issue with mine, it would hardly respond at all. I swapped it with the one from the Kitchen and that solved the problem a little but now it wont toggle down, only up.

NW RV Supply in Eugene, OR has these toggle switches. www.nwrvsupply.com/ (They are about $45 if I recall)
Problem is they have a different base than what was used in our coaches, it's much smaller. According to them, it can be made to fit but I have not tried that yet. I have been able to get by with the other switch, just have to toggle up only, selecting items on the menu by toggling right still works.

On the subject of Aladdin, I was quoted about $3,600 by Silverleaf when we were at Canyonville last year to swap out the Aladdin. I might do that someday but I like Tim's solution of mounting a small tablet or PC and using the  VMSpc software they have.

Good Luck!

Dean Johnson
Dean & Anita
2014 Entegra Anthem
2005 Monterey Cat C-9
1993 Bounder (1st coach!)
2016 Lincoln MKX Toad
Past Region 1 Vice President

Jerry Carr

• BAC Member
  • 06 Pat. Thunder Cat. C13
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2014, 01:16:45 PM »
Hi Dean, It sounds like the same issue my rig is still in AZ waiting for the new cooling fan(from SAI in Italy) I really didn't get to see if changing the toggle did much because we could not run the rig. I will be back on this project in March. I am now thinking that the problem may be in the Aladdin since the change of the toggle didn't seem to help much I did see some movement improvement but not A OK.
I may try to switch the bedroom toggle with the drivers just to make sure before going into a change of system.
Regards,
Jerry Carr
Past Region 1 V.P.
Entegra Anthem
06 Pat. Thunder Cat C13