Author Topic: Leveling Jack Reservoir Location  (Read 9281 times)

Paul Bowers

Leveling Jack Reservoir Location
« on: November 11, 2014, 06:14:12 PM »
Does anyone know where the Leveling Jack Reservoir is located on a 2001 Beaver Monterey Trinidad?

The location stated in the operating manual has it located in the engine control center, but the only reservoir in that compartment is for the power steering.

Thanks

pb
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 06:37:04 PM by 6305 »

Grant Ralston

Re: Leveling Jack Reservoir Location
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2014, 06:56:45 PM »
Paul,

Is it possible it is behind the control center with access from the battery compartment?  See photo of mine on my 98 Contessa.

Grant

LaMonte Monnell

• BAC Member
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2014, 07:41:54 PM »
Mines a 2001 Contessa and hydraulic reservoir is in the back behind the oil and transmission dipstick panel. A bear to get to and get oil in and makes a mess.

At least when I did it!   :o
Lamonte & Patti Monnell
2001 Beaver Contessa Naples DP 40' 2 slides
CAT 3126B
2021 Chevrolet Silverado Trail Boss

Weeki Wachee,Fl

Paul Bowers

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2014, 11:32:07 PM »
Grant, I looked in the battery compartment and No Joy.  I crawled up under the coach as far as I could go and noticed the line coming off the top of the rear levelers lead to the center of the coach.  Think now it could be in the engine compartment under the bed...

LaMonte, I will check that location out tomorrow.  The engine service center has a molded plastic panel and nothing is visible but if it is behind the panel I would not be able to see it unless I crawled under the coach.

Thanks for the suggestions.

pb

Paul Bowers

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2014, 07:39:03 AM »
Grant and LaMonte,

I found the tank, it is in the same area as yours.  However, I have a plastic panel bolted to the frame work between the battery box and tank.  My options are to remove the panel or cut a hole in it to allow access to the breather cap.  This remedy will be an interesting weekend project.

Thanks for the help.

pb

George H. Wall

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2014, 01:39:26 PM »
Paul, I use a turkey baster to add fluid to mine. Kind of appropriate TODAY!!  Henry

Grant Ralston

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2014, 02:53:18 PM »
Paul
My jack reservoir access sounds much easier than yours!  Can you come from the bottom to save punching a hole in the plastic?  The fill cap/vent on mine is plastic, at the top of the tank, and was not very difficult to loosen with channel-lok pliers.  I purchased a cheap oil can with thumb-pump and flexible snout at HF and marked it to be used only with jack oil.  Impossible to verify how much to add, so I followed the instructions of lowering one jack 6" and filling until the warning bell stopped.  My system was OK to top-off the reservoir, but a slow process for an oil change.  Others have used pvc pipe extensions from the vent that worked well for them.  Perhaps if you have to cut your hole for access you might consider the pipe extensions.
Good Luck.
Grant

LaMonte Monnell

• BAC Member
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2014, 04:48:46 PM »
I had an air system added for my leveling system done at the HWH factory in July. Now I have a new console panel where the SMC panel was and push one button for travel mode and one for leveling.

The only use for the reservoir now is for my l/r slide out!

All hydraulic lines capped and the front jacks removed. Rear ones still have to be taken out down the road sometime. It will probably be the best mod and the most expensive one I will ever do!
Lamonte & Patti Monnell
2001 Beaver Contessa Naples DP 40' 2 slides
CAT 3126B
2021 Chevrolet Silverado Trail Boss

Weeki Wachee,Fl

Paul Bowers

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2014, 06:13:25 AM »
George, It would be appropriate, but would not be able to get the baster in the right position to fill the tank.

Grant, I crawled back under the coach and found a way, from the backside of the tank, to get one hand on top of the tank.

LaMonte, your mod would be nice, but I really don't want to put anymore money into the coach at this point.  I have owned the coach for over 10 years and this is the first time I added fluid to the tank...hopefully it will be 10 more before I have to do it again.  :)

UPDATE: As I said to Grant, I was able to get one hand on top of the tank and clean the cap before removing.  I purchased a small funnel with a long spout which allowed the funnel to be secure while pouring the fluid.  Next, I took a small bottle and began slowly fill the tank reservoir a little at at time until the warning signal stopped.  I replaced the cap...tested the system and all is back to normal.  Total amount of fluid used 22 ounces.  Amazingly, I did not spill a single drop during the process.

I have attached four photos showing: 1.  Cap before cleaning  2.  Small path to get to the cap. 3.  Funnel in cap before filling  4.  Small container used to slowly fill the reservoir.  And, while it may look like I had plenty of room due to the photographs, I actually slid my iphone into a small opening and took the photo in the blind.

Thanks to the folks at RVA systems who pulled their files on my model Beaver and told me where the tank was located and the best path to explore in refilling the system.

Thanks to the members of this forum for you suggestions, advice and expertise in fixing this problem.

Happy New Year everyone...

pb