Author Topic: Pantry Rack 06 Patriot Thunder  (Read 6328 times)

Lee Welbanks

Pantry Rack 06 Patriot Thunder
« on: November 17, 2014, 12:11:18 AM »
Does anybody want the pantry rack out of my 06 Patriot Thunder, complete, 8 baskets and top and bottom slides. Pay the shipping and it's yours. I removed it and are in the process of installing 4 wire shelves in its place. The 8 wire baskets have a storage area of 468 sq.in. compared to the five shelves that equal 1265 sq.in. There is a massive amount of wasted space with the roll out rack, never used it with the slide in anyway and can always get to the shelves from the end door.

So let me know if you want the parts and pieces.

I'll throw up some pic's later in the week of the finished product.

Lee Welbanks

Re: Pantry Rack 06 Patriot Thunder
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2014, 03:29:15 AM »
I finished installing the four shelves in the pantry cabinet, and they turned out pretty nice if I do say so. Increased the usable space by about three or four times and also now can put large items especially in the bottom shelve. Put vinyl sheeting on all shelves to keep thing from sliding around. 8)

Lee Welbanks

Re: Pantry Rack 06 Patriot Thunder
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2014, 09:21:52 PM »
Thx Jerry, The shelves are a bit tricky because I didn't have 12" of depth and all the Rubbermaid and Closetmaid shelves are exactly 12" deep. I used the two "A" pieces from  two Rubbermaid expanding units that are right at 11 5/8" deep so then I had to add the 3/8" piece across the back. I thought about running the cross pieces vertical but thought it would look better this way.

I ended up using the two "B" shelves in the shop.