Author Topic: hyd leak  (Read 4107 times)

Dave Blystone

hyd leak
« on: April 18, 2010, 10:10:35 PM »
  I noticed a leak that looks like its coming from over the propane tank.  I think its hydraulic,  ether jacks or slide.    What color fluid do they have, and do they use the same pump?   I have a 2001 Patriot 33  with the jacks that go from frame to axle.   I think the propane tank will have to be removed to fix it.   Tanks seem to be a problem with me this year.   Fuel tank removed three times a month ago.
Thanks.
Dave
« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 04:38:56 AM by 14 »

Gerald Farris

Re: hyd leak
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2010, 11:21:47 PM »
The hydraulic fluid will be a reddish color (Dexron III transmission fluid). I am pretty sure that your front slide and leveling jacks use the same pump.

There will also be coolant hoses running above your propane tank. There will be one set of hoses running from your engine to the dash heater, and several more hoses for the Aqua-Hot system. The Aqua-Hot fluid is a light greenish color if you have not changed coolant types, and the engine is also greenish unless you have changed to Cat Extended Life coolant which is a light reddish color.

If it is a hydraulic line, you may be able to disconnect it at each end and "fish" a replacement line through the area above the propane tank without removing the tank.

Gerald

Dave Blystone

Re: hyd leak
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2010, 11:41:41 PM »
Thank you  for the reply.  The fluid I have leaking is a light clear oil.   A little heaver than fuel and no smell almost like  brake fluid.   Wow brain fart. It could be brake fluid,  but I doubt it.  I have driven the coach about 100 miles since I saw the fluid on the ground. I would be out of brake fluid by now.  Guess its time to get it into the repair shop.  
« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 04:45:57 AM by 14 »