Author Topic: Good Sam, AAA or?  (Read 17353 times)

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
Re: Good Sam, AAA or?
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2014, 06:55:21 PM »
Bill, you need to contact AAA again.  According to an email they sent me, I'd guess the clause in question is meant to reference dually pickup trucks, not other dual-wheeled vehicles.  Methinks they could reword and clarify things - the use of "motorhome" in the clause is ambiguous.

Quote: "Under Plus RV coverage we cover any length Motor Homes and any vehicle that is used for towing a RV Trailer. This could be a dual wheel pick up over one ton. It is only covered when towing a RV covered trailer. It would not be covered if it is used as an everyday vehicle.

I hope this helps with our coverage. Feel free to contact me either by phone or email if you have any other questions. Email is dale.johnson@aaaoregon.com "

-Joel

« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 06:58:12 PM by Joel Ashley »
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Bill Randle

« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2014, 12:14:05 AM »
Thanks for the info, Joel. You are right in that it certainly could stand to be better written.

Mike And Mary Engen

« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2014, 07:07:05 PM »
Have always used Coach Net and feel it is 5 stars.  Recently received a Good Sam Road Assistance advertisement, so decided to try it, could save about $35 over Coach Net.

First chance to use it this week, our Trailblazer broke down due to AC compressor lock-up at convenience store in Hincley, MN right next to freeway exit about 8 pm Monday night.  Well reply back was "3 to 4 hours before wrecker could arrive, but I could call 911 for an emergency tow if I wanted it sooner, would tow 50 miles", I needed 52 miles minimum. 

WTH, my rider had AARP road assistance that would tow 100 miles, they could be there within 20 minutes and tow to our regular repair shop in Burnsville.  It was there in morning before shop opened.

Will DUMP Good Sam and back to Coach NET.  >:(
The following users thanked this post: Joel Ashley, Stan Simpson

Mike And Mary Engen

« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2014, 04:55:13 PM »
ADDENDUM FOR PREVIOUS POST: FOUND ADVERTISEMENT FOR GOOD SAM ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE - SAID "24 HOUR ROADSIDE SERVICE WITH UNLIMITED TOWING TO NEAREST NETWORK SERVICE FACILITY". "PROTECTION FOR RV AND ALL  HOUSEHOLD VEHICLES". 1 YEAR FOR $59.95.

« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 05:20:39 PM by Gerald Farris »

Norm Green

• BAC Member
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2014, 07:21:33 AM »
I have had Coachnet for several years and would agree that they are very good.  I have used their tech support on several occasions with good results.  Have used them to tow the coach, very helpful.  Highly recommend.
Norm & Cynthia Green
Franklin, TN
2018 Entegra Cornerstone 45W
Previous, four different Beaver coaches
The following users thanked this post: Joel Ashley

Glenn Perkins

• BAC Member
  • 99 Marquis
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2014, 03:49:02 PM »
I would heartily vote for Coach Net too.  I have had their service for the past 17 years, been aided on the side of the road in Idaho and Texas, coach flat bedded twice near Las Vegas, pulled out of a septic tank (story for another day) in Alabama as well as towed vehicle flat bedded too in central CA. We dropped Good SAM when they were unable to get road service to pull our Safari from loose sand in upstate NY back in 96.  Coach Net is the only way to go ... have never been stranded ... worth every penny.
The following users thanked this post: Joel Ashley, Stan Simpson