Author Topic: Hydro Hot not igniting  (Read 8689 times)

Don Stewart

Hydro Hot not igniting
« on: November 28, 2014, 03:46:34 AM »
Hi All, we decided to try dry camping and found ourselves without any hot water or heating. We have a Hydro-Hot HHE-500-07M. This morning I turned on the diesel switch and no hot water or heat? Went outside to look at the exhaust pipe and found raw diesel being pumped out of the pipe. The pump comes  on but the diesel is not being ignited. All fuses are good, breakers good, diagnostic lights all green, but no fire? We are heating water on the range for the rest of the holidays and taking sponge baths. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Jerry and Kay Hudson

Re: Hydro Hot not igniting
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2014, 04:53:34 AM »
Hi
Did you reset the diesel burner switch? This is located top center of the AH control panel. If you have had low batteries, it may need reseting. Mine does the same some of the time.
Good luck,
Jerry

Larry Williams

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2014, 03:54:52 PM »
You should also be able to get hot water with the electric element and the generator until you figure out how to get the diesel to ignite. Granted, it is limited, but better than using the range.

Karl Welhart

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2014, 04:01:58 PM »
What is the green light on your inside diesel switch doing?  Does it stay on or does it go off after a couple of minutes?

Karl
Karl and Nancy Welhart, F36017
2014 Tiffin Allegro Bus 37AP (2014-current)
2002 Patriot (2002-2014)
1997 Monterey (1997-2002)
Niceville, Florida

Orman Claxton

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2014, 04:50:34 PM »
Don
When was the last time it was serviced?
Call me if you wish

Don Stewart

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2014, 05:27:23 PM »
Thank you all for your prompt replies. We did not hit the reset, partially because of the green lights and we did have a tool that was long enough; we will try this today. I believe the lights where solid but will pay greater attention to this when I am in there today. As far as the electric element, it has not worked well from the start. We will have it serviced as soon as we get back from our trip.

Don Stewart

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2014, 09:43:58 PM »
Ok, so we tried all of your suggestions and no joy. Thank you all for your help! We will be looking for an authorized service center when we return home. Does anyone know of a good service center in the Upland, CA area? In the meanwhile...... showers in daughters 5tb wheel with a propane water heater. Bye for now. :(

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2014, 11:22:07 PM »
Don
When was the last time it was serviced?
Call me if you wish

Don, give Orman a call.
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Don Stewart

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2014, 12:29:11 AM »
I did and he was of tremendous assistance. We would drive to him in AZ and give him the business if we didn't have to be home. I hope he will be in Indio this January, to thank him personally.

Harold and Gloria Skipworth

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2014, 01:35:06 AM »
Our unit failed to light and shut down after 20-30 sec.  Turned out the boiler antifreeze fluid was low and no low alarms went off.  Topped it off , problem solved.

Orman Claxton

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2014, 03:30:02 AM »
Our unit failed to light and shut down after 20-30 sec.  Turned out the boiler antifreeze fluid was low and no low alarms went off.  Topped it off , problem solved.

Skip
I would advise more trouble shooting,
Something is not right there