Author Topic: Positive Roofing Makeover  (Read 5293 times)

Matthew Harger

Positive Roofing Makeover
« on: October 18, 2014, 12:36:39 AM »
Just thought I would share my positive roof makeover in case anyone is looking or in need in the future.  After reviewing various past BAC threads with tons of different options and recommendations for roofing ideas, I decided to go with this company called RV Roofman out of Sacramento.  Although they were fairly local for me and  they came to my house and did the work on the spot, they claim to travel anywhere in the country to do work.  I debated over the Rino Liner type of reroof and ultimately went with these guys.  They are a little bit less expensive than the Rhino liner people.  They take just about everything off the roof, reseal any and all openings with an eternabond style of tape then paint on a coating of their liquid polymer roofing agent.  Based on the amount of warranty you would like determines the thickness of the product they apply.  If you go for the lifetime warranty they come back the next day for a complete second coating.  The benefits they claim are much lower temperatures in the sun, super UV protection, nothing sticks or grows to their product, it wipes up clean with a damp rag, never again have to redo seams with Dicor, and the roof can be patched or repaired with additional product or silicone in an emergency.  

My "new to me" Beaver was in desperate need of roof work to include Dicor, resealing, and a leak repair on the slide.  I have many many many thin micro cracks all over the  fiberglass and a fair amount of black algae mixed in.  So far very happy with how it looks and turned out.  Hopefully i'll be just as happy once the rain starts.  If not they can come repair any leaks for the next 10 years.

Anyways, just something else to consider.

www.thervroofman.com

I'll post a few before, during, and after pictures.

Matthew Harger

Re: Positive Roofing Makeover
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2014, 12:39:09 AM »
More Pics

Matthew Harger

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2014, 12:41:02 AM »
Last batch

Les Brandt

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2014, 01:37:28 AM »
Hi Matt,

Do you mind me asking what it cost you? I couldn't find any pricing in their site.

Matthew Harger

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2014, 02:40:24 AM »
Hey Les-

I'm sure everybody's price will be slightly different depending on the coach size and any additional work that is done.  Its definitely not "do it yourself pricing"  with a few cans of boat deck paint and similar, but it also cheaper than the Rhino roof.  Unfortunately I still work full time and getting it all done correctly by myself would have been a painstaking task.  

In addition, I had the roofman pull off and replace an old cracked skylight, remove and patch an old satellite mounting bracket, move the current satellite dome, add and replace some vent covers, and finally had him clean up an old messed up repair job on the slide out that leaked.  I opted for the 10 year warranty - instead of the 5yr or the lifetime.   If there is a leak he comes 75 miles in any direction to fix it as that is the distance he had to travel from Sacramento to my place.

Out the door everything was $3800 and I didn't have to drive it or leave it anywhere.  They did everything in less than 9 hours parked right in front of my house.

From looking at the pice of other roof fixit's it seemed to be reasonable for what all I was having done.

Les Brandt

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2014, 03:06:21 AM »
I think you did good!

Thanks for the info.

Gary Wolfer

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2014, 01:25:34 AM »
Looks like they did a nice  thorough  job. I like the looks of the smooth surface, keep us informed about the results. Be careful walking on the roof. Seems expensive for labor though. 9 hours work for over 3,000 labor.