Author Topic: Hydro-Hot  (Read 4020 times)

Ken Sair

• BAC Member
  • Second generation fulltimers!!
Hydro-Hot
« on: April 20, 2010, 02:27:49 AM »
I just made a modification to my HH on a 2007 beaver Contessa I thought I'd share. The original design of the HH exhaust was down the passenger side and then crossed over to the  driver side. It ended near the water bay which is very close to the bed slide. Well it was very noisy and the bedroom smelled of Diesel when in use. Not very pleasant.

So, I unbolted the brackets and pulled off the entire pipe. I then flipped it over and put it back on. I then measured where I wanted it cut so it would vent under the kitchen window. That done, I cut the pipe, re-installed the pipe and re-attached the one bracket on the passenger side. Only had to flip the bracket over, no parts needed. I wanted it to look nice and the pipe where it vented was at a 45* angle. So, I just bought a new chrome tip, drill a hole and put it on.
BAC members since 2006

Marty and Suzie Schenck

Re: Hydro-Hot
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2010, 05:40:48 AM »
I may be wrong but I think there was an RV building code that required generator and other combustion exhaust except propane to exit out the back or on the drivers side. I think it was a safety issue. I did also see a 2001 Thunder with exhaust altered to come out about two feet from the entry door. I made an adaptor for the Hydro-Hot exhaust and put a Gen-Turi on it to take the exhaust fumes up and over the coach. Seems to work real good. Marty
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 02:54:02 PM by 153 »