Author Topic: Alladin Problem  (Read 4694 times)

Doug Wray

Alladin Problem
« on: December 05, 2014, 05:45:57 PM »
On the electrical read out display it shows the solar panel readings and below it the house battery voltage and amps
The house batteries voltage is 13.5 and the amps show a discharge of 253 amps!
This reading is permanent and I can not get it to go away. I tried resetting the Alladin system but nothing seems to work.
Could the "253" be some kind of error code? :-[

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
Re: Alladin Problem
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2014, 08:43:44 PM »
Doug, did you check the Alladin troubleshooting documents that are listed in the Coach Assist section?  There are 3 there;  one on troubleshooting is not alphabetically listed.

Joel
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 08:56:20 PM by Joel Ashley »
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Doug Wray

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2014, 12:03:26 AM »
Joel,
Thanks for the tip... I am a new member and still learning my way around the forum... Have not found that section yet but will keep looking...
 :-\

Bill Sprague

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2014, 12:41:07 AM »
Doug,

It is a little tricky!

Go to the "BAC Forum" home page.

Scroll down to the "Private BAC Members Only" section

Go to the second selection, "Link to Coach Assist: Owners and Equipment Manuals" where you'll find the private link to the library of uploaded documents that pertain to our motorhome brand.

Doug Wray

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2014, 04:54:37 PM »
Thanks Bill,
I found the section and I am currently trying to read through the manual... Although it does not speak directly to my issue I believe it will be helpful. I still need to find all the Alladin control boxes hidden somewhere in my storage bay area... It is not readily visible so it must be behind a panel... :D

Bill Sprague

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2014, 06:59:15 PM »
I can tell you where they are on an 04 Monterey if you think it will help. 

Several years ago my amp reading on the 120 quit.  I traced it to an automotive fuse.   For the 120 the amps are measured by a tiny ring around the leads to each leg at the circuit breaker panel.  A few inches from the ring is the fuse in an in line holder.   Perhaps the solar panel works the same way. 

On mine the solar panel controller is under the bed.  There might be an "induction ring" and fuse there. 
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 07:03:44 PM by Bill Sprague »