Author Topic: 02 Marquis Steering  (Read 3728 times)

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
  • Every day is a blessing!
02 Marquis Steering
« on: December 14, 2014, 12:04:11 AM »
Just a heads up
our Amethyst was steering poorly.  It was a constant battle keeping it in the lane especialy if there were anything less than ideal road conditions.
We finaly worked up to getting a steering dampener installed and when the inspection was done for the evaluation they found the pitman arm to be loose.  This is the arm that attaches directly to the steering box.  This did not look loose due to the dirt build up but closer inspection while moving the steering wheel showed a ton of play.  To my knowlege this has neverbeen touched in a shop so it must have worked loose.
Before installing a dampener, consider having this closely inspected.  Ours nearly fell off and at highway speed well you get my point.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 12:18:53 AM by Glenda Farris Co-Admin »
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!

Jeremy Parrett

Re: Do you own an Amethyst ?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2014, 02:46:05 PM »
Hello Keith,
  when I bought our Amethyst in 2010 it changed lanes every time a truck drove past us.  It was nerve wracking keeping her in the lane.
  Steer tires were 11R22.5.........totally undersized for front load but specs plate behind drivers seat stated they were correct!!
We installed 295/ 80 R22.5's and new shocks.  Josams did not find any mechanical  issues  . 
She has now gone nearly 40,000 miles and steers like a dream.
Dont need a steering stabilizer.
The following users thanked this post: Keith Moffett