Author Topic: Fresh water fill  (Read 5904 times)

Dan n Lisa Lund

Fresh water fill
« on: January 04, 2015, 11:29:37 PM »
Hello all:   I have a question or two. I have searched through the forums and learned a lot but I am still having trouble. My fresh water fill shuts off I believe before it is full. The Aladdin says about 48%. If I go to the "raw" data it shows a number of about 34. From doing research I should have a full raw number in the 70's that would equate to about 95%full in normal mode.

1. Is there a way to manually open the fill valve without jumping  it ?
2. Is there a way to trick the Aladdin into not shutting it off until it overfills?

If I can get the tank full then I can set the full calibration from there, but I don't think it is full. Any help on this will be greatly appreciated. I am not too worried about the gray and black tanks. I just want to make sure I can get a full load of fresh water.

Thanks,  Dan

2003 Marquis

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
Re: Fresh water fill
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2015, 11:35:38 PM »
Hmmmmm... interesting.  I know my fresh water tank is full when it runs out the overflow.
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!

Dan n Lisa Lund

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2015, 12:29:52 AM »
Yeah the Aladdin shuts off my fill valve before it gets to the overflow. I just want to know where full is one time.  :)

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2015, 12:51:20 AM »
If you did a search, then you probably read this post by Gerald.  If not, then here it is.  It seems to explain what is going on and gives a couple alternatives you may want to try.

http://beaveramb.org/forum/index.php/topic,2550.msg19074.html#msg19074

My Aladdin knows nothing about my tanks.  The three liquid tanks' wiring has been removed from the Aladdin and rerouted to the Silverleaf.  But I wish I had a tank level reading for my propane.  I don't know whether the propane tank level was never equipped on the coach, or disconnected from the Aladdin, or just not hooked up to the Silverleaf.  I did run out of propane once, and had to run the generator periodically for a few days to keep the fridge cold.

« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 12:59:00 AM by David T. Richelderfer »
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!

Dan n Lisa Lund

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2015, 01:37:58 AM »
I believe that I will jump 12 volts to the valve and manually fill until it overflows. That sounds like the best bet so far. The ground wire has a quick disconnect but the power wire does not. I guess I can put a connector in there with out too much problem. Thanks for the input so far.

Bob Stone

• BAC Member
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2015, 01:42:27 AM »
I don't know if it's the same on the Maquis but the water tank on my '05 Monterey shares the same curb side bay as the Hydro-Hot. The water tank is translucent plastic so with the bay door open I can see the water level as the tank fills.
Bob Stone
'05 Monterey Laguna IV  Cat C-9

Dan n Lisa Lund

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2015, 01:53:13 AM »
I can see the bottom corner of the tank and the drain tube. Thats about it. I can't see up the side of it. I could reach in there with a borescope I guess..   Might try that too.  Hmmmm

Edward Buker

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2015, 05:20:08 AM »
Dan,

You could pull the inlet pipe to the water pump and back feed water with a hose and city water into the tank using until it overflows and then read the Alladin level.

Later Ed