Author Topic: Flashers in my 1997 Marquis  (Read 3365 times)

David Fischer

Flashers in my 1997 Marquis
« on: December 19, 2014, 04:46:00 AM »
When almost back from a Thanksgiving trip my turn signals quit working  and forgot about it until late .  I am leaving for southern Alabama tomorrow and will be going thru Atlanta and I don't thing I want to do hat with no turn signals working.  The problem is where is the flasher.  I have looked everywhere for it and no luck.  Am I missing something? :'(  Need help

Steven Hoffman

Re: Flashers in my 1997 Marquis
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2014, 04:55:54 AM »
I have a Patriot, but mine is in the electrical bay drivers side front of coach. 

Gerald Farris

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2014, 02:17:24 PM »
David,
I think that your flasher is located in the same place that Steve mentioned. The outside LF electrical bay that is under the driver.

Gerald

Frank Towle

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2014, 01:15:59 AM »
Mine is under the dashboard behind the steering wheel support.  Would have liked it to be in a more accessible place and available to be attached to a 'sounding board' to make it easier to hear.  Will add extension wires (eventually) with bracket screwed to center cabinet. 

Made that change on my '96 Patriot and could actually hear the click.  Also, make sure you purchase an electronic  flasher (about $12) rather than di-electric strip that simply heats up to break contact.  Those are the ones that wear out eventually because the metal strip becomes brittle and doesn't function.

Merry Christmas to all...