Author Topic: Freedom Inverter Charger  (Read 4925 times)

Richard And Babs Ames

Freedom Inverter Charger
« on: April 23, 2010, 08:35:03 PM »
Mine quit charging. Freedom that was the original in our 1997 Patriot. Does anyone know trouble shooting steps?

LarryNCarolynShirk

Re: Freedom Inverter Charger
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2010, 06:26:42 AM »
Try to reset it first.  There is no cost and it may work.  Disconnect the land line AC.  Disconnect the batteries. Wait 10 minutes and reconnect AC and batteries.
If it works, good.  If not follow other advice.

I was about to take mine out and recycle it as an anchor, when I found this in a manual.  It worked for me.

Larry

Gerald Farris

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2010, 03:16:36 PM »
The troubleshooting steps (chart) for a Freedom inverter can be found on their website under technical support. The website address is:

http://www.xantrex.com/support/ts/index.asp?tree=15

I hate to tell you this, if a Freedom inverter stops charging, but the inverter portion still works fine in all other ways and it produces good 120V AC current, it needs to go in for repair almost always.

Gerald

Richard And Babs Ames

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2010, 06:47:45 PM »
The darn thing healed itself. I went out to get the owners manual and it was charging at 60 amps and 13.5 volts and then ramped down to 13 volts and 10 amps. It must have reset itself. We had just installed new chassis batteries. It did not seem to charge on our last trip also. I did change one dip switch from the over 80 degree setting to the under 80 degree setting.