Author Topic: Bedroom Slide Issue  (Read 4421 times)

Dick Simonis

Bedroom Slide Issue
« on: December 27, 2014, 05:49:09 PM »
Had an issue develop with my bedroom slide when I brought it in last time.  All had been well when it was deployed but, after bringing the coach to ride height, when I brought it in there was a grinding noise on the way in.  No it will not extend and there is a ratcheting noise like a clutch slipping.  Looking at the slide from the outside it appears the back corner is low so the slide is crooked in the box.

I've never looked under the bed but is acts like something either broke and collapsed or shifted so the one corner is low.  Needless to say I have a bit of an access problem with the slide in since it's almost inaccessible.

Turns out one of the features we liked about the Emerald (the center line vanity) is now a problem.

Any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 12:43:57 AM by Carol Moffett »

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
Re: Bedroom Slide Issue
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2014, 06:22:11 PM »
Dick,
You'll have to get access to the slide mechanism under the bed to diagnose the cause. I wouldn't try activating it any more as you could cause more damage. Looked at an ad for an 02 Emerald and see what you mean about access. Looks like it will take 2 people to get mattress out. Another possibility (but less desirable)  is to have someone slide mattress toward foot of bed to keep it from bending as another person raises platform.
Good Luck.
Steve
« Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 06:24:16 PM by Steve Huber Co-Admin »
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp

Edward Buker

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2014, 09:23:49 PM »
Not sure if your sag is related but here is some info on a fix if it is not riding on the rear roller anymore. One from Ed Buker and one from Steve Huber in this link. It could be bearing rollers on the metal slide mechanism has failed also.

http://beaveramb.org/forum/index.php/topic,3152.msg25341.html#msg25341

Later Ed

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2014, 04:30:32 AM »
Dick,
You could have a failed roller per Ed's response or it could be a gear slipping/failed on the drive mechanism. It may be better to have Premier look at it if you don't have help to get the mattress out. If you have help, remove the mattress and see what your dealing with. Repair may not be too tough once you've diagnosed it and you can always run it up to Premier if needed. Give me a call if you have any questions, etc.
Steve
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp

Dick Simonis

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2014, 03:08:28 PM »
Thanks for the replies.  I was looking at it yesterday and it appears the slide has to be extended before any meaningful work can be done and the rear corner has dropped far enough where it's actually resting on the frame.

I think that yes the mattress must come out and than the slide will need to be lifted a bit before it can safely be extended.  The sag coupled with a grinding noise when it was retracted leads me towards a collapsed roller or something along those lines.

I agree that someone like Premier is better equipped to take on the project than one geriatric without proper equipment.  Getting the slide out only to find it won't go back in would be a complication I don't need.  I will call them in the morning.