Author Topic: Aqua Hot Issue  (Read 4005 times)

LaMonte Monnell

• BAC Member
Aqua Hot Issue
« on: December 28, 2014, 07:25:51 PM »
Well, we just arrived home from a week at Rainbow Springs State Park. Lot of rain but still enjoyed it!

Aqua Hot did not seem to work with electric side but diesel was fine. Checked it out today with the manual in hand.

After opening the unit up I found the relay for high temp had the ground wire broken off, and the two orange wire terminal ends corroded badly.

Tried to pull these off but broke off in the relay. Redid all the terminal ends and have a new relay ordered. I hope that this will fix the electrical side and it will work correctly again.
Lamonte & Patti Monnell
2001 Beaver Contessa Naples DP 40' 2 slides
CAT 3126B
2021 Chevrolet Silverado Trail Boss

Weeki Wachee,Fl
The following users thanked this post: Joel Ashley

LaMonte Monnell

• BAC Member
Re: Aqua Hot Issue
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2014, 10:25:21 PM »
Update on the aqua hot repair. replaced all the terminal ends on the four wires for the relay, ordered a new relay and an electrical element from Aquahot. Cleaned the area up and now awaiting the parts.

If you happen to see this Orman, does the electrical element just screw in to place? I'm sure I will find out when I get the new one.......
Lamonte & Patti Monnell
2001 Beaver Contessa Naples DP 40' 2 slides
CAT 3126B
2021 Chevrolet Silverado Trail Boss

Weeki Wachee,Fl

Bill Sprague

Re: Aqua Hot Issue
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2014, 10:45:49 PM »
If you happen to see this Orman, does the electrical element just screw in to place? I'm sure I will find out when I get the new one.......
Orman may want to add to this as I'm sure he has replaced more than I have.  I've done only one.

First you have to get the coolant out of it.  Mine does not have a drain like most.  I was advised to use one of the circulation pumps.  I adapted some tubing to size, aimed it toward a bucket and "grounded" the pump, causing it to run.  If I remember right, I got about 4 or 5 gallons out. 

Getting the element out required a large socket.  I discovered there are appropriate "plumbers" sockets next to the water heater elements in the water heater section at Lowe's.  I kept  a cheap shop vac handy to pick up any spills as I unscrewed the element.  It had been in place long enough that it took a little more force than I thought to get it out.