Author Topic: Replacing Dometic reefer with Samsung RF26HFENDSR  (Read 4828 times)

Jeremy Parrett

Replacing Dometic reefer with Samsung RF26HFENDSR
« on: December 28, 2014, 07:28:55 PM »
At $998.00 a  Jetsons Black Friday leftover Samsung RF26HFENDSR was too good a deal to pass up.
It has twin smaller compressors,LED lighting and is Energy Compliant.
Measurements are Depth 35.6 in. Height. 70.0 in. Width. 35.75 in.
 Has anyone retrofitted a reefer as large as 26 cf ??
It will fit in the space where the Dometic resides; we will loose the drawer and have to relocate the heater.

Marty and Suzie Schenck

Re: Replacing Dometic reefer with Samsung RF26HFENDSR
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2014, 10:22:21 PM »
Jeremy, I put a Samsung RF197 in our 02 Thunder. It is narrower than the one your putting in (32in.) but it is the same height, 70in. I did not have to relocate the heater. There was just enough room for refer with the new floor about 3/4in. above the heater. We have a 2000w inverter/converter and it handles the power just fine. We love it but there is one small problem: how long to leave the ice cream in the microwave so we can eat it!! LOL  Marty
The following users thanked this post: Carol Moffett

Jeremy Parrett

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2014, 07:25:14 PM »
Hey Marty,
   good reply.  I also have a 2000 watt inverter and my 6 x 6volts house batteries are in vgc so we should be good to go.  Hard ice cream is something diabetics dream of !!
  Thanks,  Jeremy

Marty and Suzie Schenck

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2014, 08:11:15 PM »
Jeremy, I was able to get a hold of someone at Samsung about power usage. He said, at full power demand it was only 400w and in E saver mode with ice maker off 160w. My Thunder only has 4 6v batteries. With the refer in normal mode ice maker off and nothing else on (except parasitic draw) my batteries went from 13.4 down to 12.6 volts in 8 hours. This test was done after a 24hr stabilization period.
Marty

Jeremy Parrett

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2014, 08:24:49 PM »
Hello Marty,
  those figures look good to me.  We  usually drive  with the coach basement air and generator on as it uses less diesel than the dash a/c compressor on the C12. 
  Handy to know the alternator and solar panels will   handle the load if we dont have the generator running.  J