Author Topic: Pocket door track 05 Thunder  (Read 5050 times)

John Shurtz

• BAC Member
  • BAC President
Pocket door track 05 Thunder
« on: January 22, 2009, 08:23:02 AM »
My coach is a 42 vicksburg with a pair of pocket doors between the bath and bed rooms.  The screws attaching the door track to the ceiling have stripped out inside the pocket.  I have gotten new screws one size larger and slightly longer but I can not get my hand in the pocket to screw them in.  My angle drill is too fat for the pocket also.  Has anyone ever had a door track come down? and how did you get it reattached to the ceiling back in the pocket section?
John & Kathi Shurtz
2005 Patriot Thunder
42FT Vicksburg 525 CAT
1996 36FT Monterey

Roy Warren Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
Re: Pocket door track 05 Thunder
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2009, 10:52:06 PM »
The only way to get between the walls is with a very long extension.  I can remove the molding outside the tracks by removing the two wood plugs then the screws but that only gives me better access to the hangers on the doors.  I guess you can remove the wood walls, but I would call Beaver Coach Sales to see how to do that.
Roy Warren
2005 Patriot Thunder
Cat C-13

Jerry Pattison

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2009, 03:26:36 AM »
Or maybe Jim Sizemore! :)

John Shurtz

• BAC Member
  • BAC President
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2010, 09:07:03 AM »
It is fixed!!  The long extension was the answer.  I bought  a five foot long extension that an electrician would use to drill holes through joists for wiring old work. This extension is flexable and long enough that alignment with the hole is now possible.  I took off the drill bit and inserted a six inch long screwdriver bit.  I made a drill guide out of a 1 X 2 stick about thirty inches long, by drilling a 5/16 hole at one end to pass the screwdriver bit through.  Now you need a friend to hold the screwdriver bit guide up top keeping the bit straight while person 2 lies on the floor to operate the screwdriver or drill motor.  

While the track was out, I added an extra hole in the track for another attaching screw.  Now, with larger screws, and an extra screw. this thing is never coming down again..

Took me long enough didn't it..

John
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 06:00:40 PM by 14 »
John & Kathi Shurtz
2005 Patriot Thunder
42FT Vicksburg 525 CAT
1996 36FT Monterey