Author Topic: Slide out locking mechanism  (Read 5748 times)

Jim Bentley

• BAC Member
Slide out locking mechanism
« on: May 01, 2010, 09:07:30 PM »
I have a 2003 Marquis , that I need to repair the locking mechanism on the slide.  Went out today to remove it and cannot find any fasteners.  Does anyone have any ideas how to remove it ?  This locking mechanism is located on the outside and is activated when the slide comes in.

Roy Mueller

• BAC Member
Re: Slide out locking mechanism
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2010, 01:21:39 AM »
It is held in with black plastic plugs or rivets.Call Willis Lotts He replaced his, knows where to get parts

Roy M

Jerry Carr

• BAC Member
  • 06 Pat. Thunder Cat. C13
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2010, 09:08:41 PM »
Hi Jim

if you find a sorce for the black rivets please let me know

Jerry
Regards,
Jerry Carr
Past Region 1 V.P.
Entegra Anthem
06 Pat. Thunder Cat C13

Jim Bentley

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2010, 05:26:18 PM »
Update: My slide out must be different than some ( Power Gear ).  On mine I removed one screw at the top then tap the bottom with a hammer to raise it about 3/8 of an inch to remove.  I had three springs that were broken.  I replaced them with springs from Ace Hardware ( $ 20.00 ).  Beaver coach sales would only sell the slide out lock as a pair, for $1000 +.  Hope this might help someone else who might have a similar problem. Jim
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 08:59:05 PM by 14 »

Jim Shaw

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2010, 01:40:30 AM »
I have the same locks as Jim. I also replaced the springs that I was able to buy from Power Gear at that time. They no longer sell to owners. Jim I'm glad to know ,about Ace Hardware
Jim

Don Voss

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2010, 05:28:29 AM »
I am also looking for the black plastic rivets that hold the plastic cover on the slide out locking mechanism.  Has any one located them?  The stainless cable broke inside the locking mechanism.  When I opened it up there were two small diameter springs, covered with a felt like material, loose inside.  I am hoping that there were just two.  I see some of you mentioning three springs.  Not sure if I have the same set up.  I have just joined BAC as a new owner of a 2004 Marquis.
I have lots of issues with the coach as it sat for a year and half after the first owner past away.  I'll look at other topics to see if some of those problems have already been addressed.