Author Topic: Intermittent HydroHot operation- Need Good Service Tech  (Read 8072 times)

Darrell Terry

• BAC Member
Intermittent HydroHot operation- Need Good Service Tech
« on: January 19, 2015, 06:44:37 PM »
I have been struggling with intermittent HH operation for 3 months now. Roger Berke /RV Hydronic Heater Repair serviced out system in Sept. but was unable to duplicate the failure. Since then I have replaced the Main board, Control Box, wiring harness, High limit switch, and flame sensor without success.
Roger is now in Texas and I am in Calif. so using him is not viable.
I need a competent technician near the San Francisco area to get me operational again.
Noted on AquaHot site,  Arts Mobile in Paso Robles and another tech near Sacramento. Has anyone used these tech's and are the competent?

Any and all help/ recommendations would be appreciated?

Darrell Terry
2004 Monterey/Laguna
2004 Monterey
350 Cummins ISC

Edward Buker

Re: Intermittent HydroHot operation- Need Good Service Tech
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2015, 11:43:58 PM »
Roger is more then competent and if he has not put his finger on the cause then it must be pretty obscure. Two things come to mind, ignition source, they can be intermittent or weak and low voltage supply at the unit under some condition. I have replaced my ignition unit that caused intermittent issues with my Aqua Hot. Hope you can find some help.

Later Ed

Lee Welbanks

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2015, 01:24:00 AM »
Darrell,

When the unit drops out are any of the lights on the circuit board on, does the unit just flat stop like it has lost feed power to it or??
And of course when a Tech is trying to figure out what is wrong the unit will not comply until he has left and about 200 miles away, never fails. I believe it is one of Murphy's Laws.

Darrell Terry

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2015, 02:08:49 PM »
Lee,
No Fault lights on Main board are lighting when system defaults. Diesel light shuts off and system goes through 3 minute cool down cycle before shutting down.
 I found one problem yesterday. I connected 12 volt source directly to coil and I'm getting no spark across contacts.
This is certainly my main problem although Roger seems to think I may have another as well.

Darrell
2004 Monterey
2004 Monterey
350 Cummins ISC

Lee Welbanks

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2015, 03:18:53 PM »
What model unit do you have, I have a AHE-100-04S, I downloaded the complete shop manual which has tons of info and is pretty good with the trouble shooting end of it.
Yours sounds like something is telling it to shut down because it goes through the cool down, will it run on electric? You have to be on shore power or the generator, I made that mistake once wondering why it will not work.

Orman Claxton

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2015, 02:41:03 AM »
Lee,
Feel free to give me a call.

Lee Welbanks

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2015, 07:49:51 PM »
Claxton,

Darrell is the person having the problem, my Aqua Hot works fine. Now watch I just jinxed myself.
The following users thanked this post: Carol Moffett

Darrell Terry

• BAC Member
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2015, 06:51:30 PM »
Turns out my problem was intermittent coil failure and then finally total failure. Ignition coil replaced and system is again working as designed.
Roger Berke was extremely helpful in sending out used parts to help me narrow down my problem.

Darrell Terry
2004 Monterey
2004 Monterey
350 Cummins ISC

Lee Welbanks

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2015, 07:16:28 PM »
Darrell,

Great to hear that you gott'er fixed, go and no go electrical problems are the worst to find. Glad you're back in business

Tom Halter

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2015, 05:22:07 AM »
Call and talk to Matt at Aqua hot. He can tell you what is wrong or give you a good tech.

Thanks!

Tom Advantage Rv