Author Topic: 2000 Patriot Thunder - Brake parts issues - can't find the parts  (Read 8998 times)

Jeff Hobbs

We have just purchased a 2000 Beaver Patriot 425 Thunder. We are the third owner but the previous owner passed away. There are no maintenance records. The rig only has 29,000 miles. According to our VIN the brake recall has not been done. We have called Monaco (Beaver) and got a great spreadsheet of parts but can not cross them to anything. They no longer deal with the recall and offer no other help. We have spent HOURS on the internet and can not find after market parts. We have a mechanic friend who has tried his resources to no avail.

Currently the last truck place said bring the parts themselves and they can look at crossing them. Problem is we don't have access to a shop to take it apart and then let it sit while parts are ordered.

We read one post where the member had it done in Spokane WA with no problem but didn't mention the shop by name
We live in Spokane WA and need help.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 04:13:11 PM by Glenda Farris Co-Admin »

Edward Buker

Re: 2000 Patriot Thunder - Brake parts issues - can't find the parts
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2015, 01:43:14 AM »
Have you checked with Beaver Coach Sales in Bend? They should be well aware of the parts that are needed.

Later Ed

Jeff Hobbs

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2015, 03:12:11 AM »
Talked to them today and the technician acted like he had no knowledge about the recall. I think I will call again in the morning and ask if I was to replace my brakes and calipers what parts would they use? Maybe I can get a part list that way. It is so frustrating that we can't get a parts list that we can use. Just want to order the parts so we can do everything at one time in our friends shop.

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2015, 03:49:31 AM »
Jeff,
When you call BCS again, ask for Ken Carpenter. He's been there a long time and should know about the recall and who would be able to give you info about the specific parts needed.
Steve
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp

Jeff Hobbs

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2015, 08:38:53 PM »
I am not sure who Jeff (my husband) talked to before but I called BCS back and Ken was out but I talked with Shawn (service manager) - he seemed to know exactly what I needed. Will have Jeff call him when he gets off work. Hopefully we got the connection we need. Will let you know if everything pans out. Thanks - Diane Hobbs
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 01:10:28 PM by Carol Moffett »

Gary Wolfer

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2015, 03:09:23 AM »
SMC used a lot of International Harvester truck parts many Safari and Beavers had International Drums and rotors and shoes and pads. If you have the serial number of some brake parts check with your local International truck dealer.

Jim Crawford

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2015, 05:32:49 PM »
I ran across a couple of guys who had  worked @ Beaver & Monaco for 20 + years.  They now have their own shop in Harrisburg Oregon.  These guys have an  eminence amount of knowledge as well as resources and may be able to  locate those hard to find parts. 

I had some work performed last year and I was very satisfied with the end results and they are very reasonably priced.

Elite RV Repair & Remodel located 642 North 3rd Street, Harrisburg, OR 97446 (541) 995-4767 May be able to help source the parts & even make repairs.

Bill Borden

• BAC Member
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2015, 07:11:41 PM »
Jeff/Diane,

We had a similar experience when we first bought our 2000 PAT.  We had a pre purchase inspection at a Cat Dealer in Missoula, Mt. We were told that the front brakes needed to be be replaced.  The Cat dealer tried to find parts and failed. 

We talked to Ken at BCS and he knew the parts needed and had them on the shelve.  But there are many variables, the serial numbers on the parts is the best way to go.

But we couldn't wait the shipping time and our confidence in the Missoula Cat dealer getting low.  So we brought the rig to California and to Sacramento Truck, they have a Coach Service Division, they knew about the recall and had the correct parts.

Sac Truck told us we had less then 10% brakes left, if I knew that in Montana I would have stayed in Mossoula and waited for the parts. 

Sacramento Truck works on Cat motors and they are a Freightliner service center too.  They do Quality work. 

If you take to a shop, make sure they have the experience.

Good luck,

Bill

Regards,

Bill Borden
2000 Patriot Thunder
C-12 425 hp 
Cool, California

Joel Weiss

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2015, 12:23:33 AM »
The 2000 PT used pretty standard Bosch brakes with a Meritor-Wabco ABS.  They are very common on Workhorse chassis.  Try NAPA brake caliper 242-5171.  The pads are NAPA part #UP-7654-M
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 12:32:56 AM by Joel Weiss »

Greg Kamper

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2015, 06:06:51 AM »
I have never heard of a brake issue for our 2000 patriots. How do I find out if mine has been fixed? Mine was a bank owned, I think, when we bought it....

Joel Weiss

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2015, 12:49:43 PM »
I have never heard of a brake issue for our 2000 patriots. How do I find out if mine has been fixed? Mine was a bank owned, I think, when we bought it....

This link will take you to the relevant recalls for your vehicle: http://www.arfc.org/rvs/beaver/patriot/recalls.aspx