Author Topic: Low a.c. out of inverter  (Read 4079 times)

Al Lewis

Low a.c. out of inverter
« on: April 16, 2016, 12:53:24 AM »
My 2002 zantrex pro sine  2.0 is putting out only 100 volts. Inverter mode.  Tv works but a separate voltage meter agrees with the 100 volts. What's going on?

Gerald Farris

Re: Low a.c. out of inverter
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2016, 06:18:10 PM »
Al,
Reset your inverter by removing all voltage (disconnect shore power and remove the main negative battery from both battery backs for about 5 minutes). If you house batteries are good and fully charged, and that does not correct your problem start shopping for a Magnum inverter.

Gerald

Al Lewis

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2016, 08:24:50 PM »
Well that did not work. Is the magnum the preferred replacement?  Will the same communication cable to the control panel work?

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2016, 08:36:17 PM »
We had to replace the inverter in our coach this past winter.  Our experience is documented here in the Forum.  I would recommend taking your coach to an technician certified in the repair and replacement of, in your case, Xantrex inverters.  I used RVMD located in Tucson for my work.  RVMD is certified by both Xantrex and Magnum for repair and replacement.  We had a Xantrex that was original to our coach.  It had a 2003 sticker on it.  We replaced the Xantrex with a larger capacity Xantrex.  We have been very happy with the new inverter.
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!