Author Topic: Trailer Brake controller and jake brake interface  (Read 3176 times)

Larry Haynes

Trailer Brake controller and jake brake interface
« on: January 26, 2015, 04:15:19 PM »
New to the forum and searched for answers to this but didn't see much. 

We have a 06 Beaver Patriot Thunder with the tag axle.  A prodigy 3 brake controller was originally wired with the brake signal supplied by the brake light fuse in the LF electrical box.  That unfortunately also sees jake brake activation and trigger the trailer brakes even though the service brakes are not activated.  Then moved the brake signal wire to the air switch and no help there either.  Allot of talk about needing a diode block on other forums.  Many recommended US gear diode block and they had some help on pre-2006 Monacos.  E-mailed them and they cannot help as their wiring is for their Brake systems for toads.

Can someone suggest where to block the jake activation signal.  I would really like to use the trailer brakes.

Also our unit came with all its manual but minus the electrical diagrams.  Contacted Monaco and no luck.  Does anyone have the wiring schematics for the 06 Patriot Thunder or equivalent and be willing to copy etc for a fee?  Really would be a big help.

Larry

George H. Wall

Re: Trailer Brake controller and jake brake interface
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2015, 04:34:50 PM »
Larry, There is a bypass kit that is available that does not activate my tow dolly when my Jake is on. I forgot where I purchased it, but was necessary when decending long grades. Works well, if this is what you were wanting.  Henry

Larry Haynes

Re: Trailer Brake controller and jake brake interface
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2015, 01:53:53 AM »
George that sounds like what I am looking for.  I need the jake to quit activating trailer brakes or the trailer will be toast, figuratively.