Author Topic: ABS Light on dash  (Read 15596 times)

Randy Perry

ABS Light on dash
« on: January 26, 2015, 11:04:39 PM »
What does it mean when my ABS light on the dash is illuminated?? 

Gerald Farris

Re: ABS Light on dash
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2015, 11:44:12 PM »
Randy,
It means that there is a fault in the your ABS (Antilock Brake System). This fault will disable the ABS, but otherwise it will have no effect on your brake system. So as long as you do not lock the wheels (stopping on ice or snow), you will not notice anything until you have a repair made. It is usually a wheel speed sensor problem.

Gerald

Bill Sprague

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2015, 01:22:35 AM »
Beaver wired mine so that the excess wire at the wheel was wrapped around the axle.  At full extension, like going over a large bump, the wire would stretch and unplug the sensor.  The ABS light would come on.  Crawling under and making a little more slack fixed it. 

Keith Oliver

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2015, 04:04:01 AM »
I have intermittent trouble with my ABS light coming on.  I have had it checked out at a good shop, but naturally, when in the shop it behaved perfectly and didn't fail until i was miles away.  When the ABS light is on, the cruise control is inoperable.  Now the cruise is inoperable all the time, but the ABS light only comes on occasionally.

LaMonte Monnell

• BAC Member
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2015, 08:54:38 PM »
My ABS light came on right after we left for HWH in July.

When we arrived and got the coach on the lift the left rear connector at the wheel had burnt. Had a hot brake I guess and didn't know it.

Got it replaced and new brake linings on the rear brakes. All ok now!
Lamonte & Patti Monnell
2001 Beaver Contessa Naples DP 40' 2 slides
CAT 3126B
2021 Chevrolet Silverado Trail Boss

Weeki Wachee,Fl

Randy Perry

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2015, 10:11:41 PM »
Well it happened about the same time I noticed the left front plastic hub cap cracked and was leaking oil! Guess I know where to start looking! Thanks everyone!

Joel Weiss

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2015, 09:19:37 PM »
I don't know if you've resolved your issues yet, but the attached document will help you to diagnose which wheel is causing the problem.   The push button for reading the ABS fault codes is under the dash probably near the accelerator pedal.  With the ignition on hold the button for a couple of seconds and then release.  The ABS warning light will blink the fault code several times in succession.  There are codes other than these, but these are the most likely ones.

Al Lewis

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2015, 01:26:50 AM »
Thanks to Joel for the blink codes.  I have a similar problem with an intermittent light.

Al Lewis

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2015, 04:17:44 PM »
I found a push button switch under the dash tied in with the engine diagnostic port.  I turn the ignition on.  The abs light comes on.  I push the button for up to 10 seconds and the abs light stays on and does not flash.  Am I doing something wrong?

Joel Weiss

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2015, 12:21:54 AM »
I don't think I needed to push the button for more than a few seconds and then release.  But, of course, there's no reason to think that the ABS systems on our coaches are the same.  My MH was built on a Magnum chassis and the ABS system is a Meritor Wabco