Author Topic: storage bay door replacement  (Read 4275 times)

brunitoons2

storage bay door replacement
« on: May 04, 2010, 01:09:59 PM »
Gary Bruning, St. Lucie West, Fl. I have a 2004 Patriot Thunder, Driver's side slide storage bay door has well lets say ripped off the piano hinge. It has not completly off but about 1/3. Wondering if anyone has had this experience? I removed one of the struts so that I could get the door somewhat closed and latched. Where could I get this replaced? Does the old facility at wildwood do this? A facility called "Custom Colors" in Port St. Lucie, Fl. does "Liberty" Prevosts I am not sure but I would think that they would be able to do the work. Any ideas on this facility?

Richard And Babs Ames

Re: storage bay door replacement
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2010, 01:45:23 PM »
Any good body and paint shop should be able to get you fixed up. Alliance in Wildwood (one of our supporters with an ad) would be able to as would http://www.creativecoach.com/ in Lakeland. I saw a lot of bay doors behind their facality. The bay door thing is a common "injury" that motorhomes are prone to get from fuel points and campground posts.

The repair will probably involve welding and repainting so it will not be inexpensive.

Louis and Elise Williams

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2010, 06:37:53 PM »
Give Caroline Champion a call at Alliance coach in Wildwood, Fl. The telephone number there is 352-330-3800. I'm sure they will be happy to assist you.

Louis Williams

Chuck Bayman

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2010, 09:45:43 PM »
Gary, I hope someone can find you a used or new door. In 04 we lost 2 doors and a filler panel. We lost the use of our 02 Patriot from the end of April to the end of August. Monaco had none in stock and they had to be made. They also had no drawings or plans so my friend who owns the body shop had to send the demensions of each door and panel. Fairly hard to get exact sizes when they are all bent up. Anyway it was a long process and expensive, about $10,000.00 but every thing turned out ok. I hope your repairs are quick and not as expensive.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 06:15:43 AM by 14 »