Author Topic: 1992 Marquis - Dash Warning Lights  (Read 9368 times)

JCMillerSr

1992 Marquis - Dash Warning Lights
« on: February 06, 2015, 03:26:59 PM »
After several days of research I finally found the replacement bulbs for the dash warning lights.  These are the rectangular lights (red and amber) on the center dash panel.  Mine were desintegrating from old age and heat.  The original lights were manufactured by SOLICO (Sorenson Lighted Controls) which is still in business.  Although the original lights are no longer manufactured their Series 32 bulbs are very close in size and can be installed with only slight modifications to the dash panel openings.  The part numbers are 3235-3-00-17120 for amber and 3235-3-00-17110 for red.  These are both 14v 1w bulbs.  Although they are not readily available at all of their distributers there are still in limited production.  Cost is around $4 each.

charlie king

Re: 1992 Marquis - Dash Warning Lights
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2015, 05:03:55 AM »
Mr. Miller:

Hello, we are new to the motorhome world. I have always admired the beautiful woodwork and design of the early 1990's Beaver coaches. We jumped way in and purchase a 1992 Marquis last month. I have almost sold her or thought about selling her several times as the whole thing seems over whelming. I would really appreciate being able to speak with you or any other owners of this vintage a coach to see if we should hold tight, take a few deep breaths and continue with the project. I have not started the audio / visual process yet, but that is rite around the corner. Thank you in advance for your experience and knowledge. Sincerely, Charlie King 503-703-8216

Mike And Mary Engen

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2015, 04:08:36 PM »
I purchased the Solico lights you are talking about from NW RV Supply in Oregon for our 95 Beaver.

JCMillerSr

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2015, 02:48:42 PM »
Working through Solico they were able to supply me with the names of all of the US distributors including the quantities of each item on hand.  The replacements I originally ordered came from Lake-View Electronics Corporation, Grafton, WI.  Since then I have reordered a few spares as well as one in blue (high beam headlight indicator) which will complete the replacement of all of the dash warning lights.  A second source for these lights is Wes-Garde Components Group, Lakeland, FL.  Most of the colors appear to be still in production however it can take 10-12 weeks if your color is not readily available in stock at one of their distributors.  Still worth the wait if you are wanting to keep everything original.

Peter and Connie Bradish

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2015, 03:01:12 PM »
Just want to say to you - HOLD TIGHT.
We LOVE our classic Beaver. Yes, they are a lot of work. So is any RV. Just talk to some long time RV owners.
When you really get into your 1992 you are going to find that it is VERY well built. In fact by 1992-1993 Beavers were being built as full timer coaches. The reason is that Beaver had a committee of Beaver owners who offered advice. Mandy Canales and Wally Schmidt were members. And the builder, Beaver, actually listened to them.
When we go to FMCA or I have a chance to look at other RVs, I do so. And what I find is that nothing is as well built, well appointed, as well suited to long term travel as our classic Beaver.
Yes, it is going to take time. Yes, it is going to take money. Yes, it is going to cause some wailing and gnashing of teeth. Welcome to RVing.
But the result is worth the effort.
Connie Bradish 8)

JCMillerSr

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2015, 03:36:56 PM »
Just want to say to you - HOLD TIGHT.
We LOVE our classic Beaver. Yes, they are a lot of work. So is any RV. Just talk to some long time RV owners.
When you really get into your 1992 you are going to find that it is VERY well built. In fact by 1992-1993 Beavers were being built as full timer coaches. The reason is that Beaver had a committee of Beaver owners who offered advice. Mandy Canales and Wally Schmidt were members. And the builder, Beaver, actually listened to them.
When we go to FMCA or I have a chance to look at other RVs, I do so. And what I find is that nothing is as well built, well appointed, as well suited to long term travel as our classic Beaver.
Yes, it is going to take time. Yes, it is going to take money. Yes, it is going to cause some wailing and gnashing of teeth. Welcome to RVing.
But the result is worth the effort.
Connie Bradish 8)

Thanks for the words of encouragement and I could not agree more about the quality of the vintage Beavers.  This is our 3rd coach but our first Beaver.  Having previously been a full timer for about 5 years we understand very well what is important and what is fluff.  Beaver obviously listened well and put their emphasis on a quality built product.  When we decided to go back to the bricks and sticks living we thought we were through with RVing. The joke was on us and we did not last 6 months before deciding to purchase another coach.  This time, however, I wanted an older vintage model that would be my "project".  Careful what you wish for, LOL.  Trying to do the majority of the work myself has been quite an experience but well worth the time.  One of the reasons I started the thread on Vintage RV's was to gain insight into what other owners had done or want to do to their rigs.  As I find a missing piece to the puzzle I will be glad to share the information with our members.  Who needs Geocaching when you have a classic RV?