Author Topic: 2002 Marquis Keychain Remote Locking  (Read 4603 times)

Edward Buker

2002 Marquis Keychain Remote Locking
« on: February 13, 2015, 02:00:33 AM »
I went out to the coach tonight to unlock it and fire up the heat here in Alabama. They are saying it will be in the mid 20s tonight. I tried to lock back up and the key chain remote would not lock or unlock the door or bay door locks. No clicks....Went in and changed the remote battery and it was still not working. Checked the back up remote unit and it would not function the locks either. So before I dig deep is there any experience out there where the module is that works this system and if anyone else has been here before and found a fix.

Thanks Ed

Lee Welbanks

Re: 2002 Marquis Keychain Remote Locking
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2015, 01:42:39 AM »
Ed, did you figure out the problem? I down loaded a really good how to from Bosch on how the relays and door locks are setup.
Tic Wilson had a thread in here about bay door locks and I  added the relay guide there.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 01:54:11 AM by Lee Welbanks »

Tic Wilson

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2015, 02:28:44 AM »
Ed, mine is a 05 Monterey, and I still have not resolved my problem, but I found the control module under the dash.  Removed the panel above the instruments.  The control module in my coach came from autoloc.com.  My remote still works the main entry door, but not the bay doors.  I hope to make progress on this over the weekend.  I have no idea about the wiring in yours, but in mine, every wire has a label.  That is how I was able to identify the control module.

Edward Buker

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2015, 04:53:55 AM »
Thanks you two for responding. I went out to the motorhome this AM to do some digging around and it was working again so I figured it has resolved itself on its own. It could come back again when I would least want to have it happen....usually the case. I will look under the dash removable panel first if it comes back. Fingers crossed...

Later Ed

Lee Welbanks

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2015, 05:56:24 PM »
Ed
mine has done the same thing. On the PT the system is always on even with the batts off.