Author Topic: Magnum Opus 3110 Electric Toilet  (Read 7492 times)

Kurt Schroeder

Magnum Opus 3110 Electric Toilet
« on: February 16, 2015, 01:08:51 AM »
Unit failed to operate and a over-the-phone session with Sealand indicated either a circuit board or motor failure. Leaving on a trip, I replaced the unit with their current "reliable" toilet. I finally found time to troubleshoot the removed unit and discovered it was a failure of the plastic motor drive arm. The "big ticket" items that are hard to find, (circuit board and motor) operate normally. My wife has rejected my proposal to create a second "on-board" head, therefore I have an extra toilet. If anyone's interested in buying it, I'll check with Sealand on the availability of this $5.00 part.

Jerry Carr

• BAC Member
  • 06 Pat. Thunder Cat. C13
Re: Magnum Opus 3110 Electric Toilet
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2015, 01:40:43 PM »
HI Kurt, sorry to hear about your problem where are you located?
Regards,
Jerry Carr
Past Region 1 V.P.
Entegra Anthem
06 Pat. Thunder Cat C13

Kurt Schroeder

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2015, 06:18:13 AM »
Jerry, I'm sorry, I should have realized there was insufficient surface area on the toilet to paste enough stamps to forward it any great distance via USPS First Class.

We are currently in SoCal (Ventura) with plans to head north to our home in Washington within a week or two.

I know the Forum encourages members to carry spares when travelling, but a spare toilet in the basement would take up space required for the "finds" at  quilt shops encountered every ten or fifteen miles.

According to Sealand, this model toilet went out of production shortly after my model year, so a member with a need might have trouble finding an alternate source.

Seems like that applies to most the items that eventually fail.

Kurt

Jerry Carr

• BAC Member
  • 06 Pat. Thunder Cat. C13
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2015, 03:01:33 PM »
Hi Kurt,

Well if your willing to bring the pot home I would be interested in the spare parts for my unit. I am in Bellevue but plan to head south for the Hemet rally. We should be home around the end of March. 
Regards,
Jerry Carr
Past Region 1 V.P.
Entegra Anthem
06 Pat. Thunder Cat C13

Kurt Schroeder

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2015, 10:14:44 PM »
Jerry:

I'm not sure what the fate of the toilet will be. I was hoping to offer it as a fully functioning unit in an attempt to offset at least part of the cost of it's replacement.

In any case, it will remain in SoCal for the near term. There's no room in the bays and I have another unrelated logistic trip to SoCal in my future.

Thank you for your interest.

Kurt

Lee Welbanks

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2015, 02:17:02 AM »
I'll have to look in the shop to see if I still have the parts from mine, I posted in here to see if anybody wanted them but no takers, I may have sent them down the recycle shoot. On mine the board went south so new toilet, everything else worked great.