Author Topic: 1989 Beaver Marquis entry door problem  (Read 3747 times)

Ted Couch

1989 Beaver Marquis entry door problem
« on: February 19, 2015, 09:14:27 PM »
The lower hinge corner of the entry door on our 89 Marquis has separated, with the inside door skin no longer held in position. The hinge bolts on the bottom hinge that should connect to the frame of the door are useless.  Middle and upper hinges are okay and the door functions alright for now. We are considering re-skinning the door when we get this problem fixed. We cannot just get a new door because of the custom paint on our coach. Has anyone else had a similar problem? We have an appointment in Bend for April to have this corrected.  :-\

Ted Couch

Edward Buker

Re: 1989 Beaver Marquis entry door problem
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2015, 11:03:45 PM »
Ted,

I am not remembering this project very well but I seem to recall on our 89 Contessa, the bottom of the door interior frame rotting some and that wood framing was involved. I seem to remember replacing some of the wood structure with new oak and using West Marine epoxy to seal the new pieces. After fixing it I did not have a problem. If you pull the inner wood paneling you might get a good idea of what is happening. It has been a lot of years since I worked on that door so the memories are fuzzy and I cannot tell if you have the same issues or something different to deal with as a root cause.

Later Ed

Ted Couch

Re: 1989 Beaver Marquis entry door problem
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2015, 08:24:15 PM »
I am lucky enough to have a real handyman camped across from us and he and I were able to get some larger screws and rivets and a bracket and the door is 100 percent better! I did speak to RV Outfitters in Bend and if the problem recurs I will see them about it as they knew exactly what was happening, describing it just as you did. Thanks again for the help.

Ted