Author Topic: generator door creeps out  (Read 5807 times)

Keith Oliver

generator door creeps out
« on: February 22, 2015, 11:13:40 PM »
On my 2007 Monaco Dynasty 43, with the generator in the front cap, when I fully close the door, using the hydraulic ram, after only a few hours, the door will creep out.  The rate of creep is increasing.  I have had this coach less than a year, since the end of March 2014.  I didn't notice any creeping until early December.  then it was coming out about 2 inches, I would put it back in, within a couple of weeks it was back out 2 inches, I would put it back in......
The rate of creep is increasing, as I put it back in this morning, and within 4 hours it is back out 2 inches.
Has anyone had this experience?  Is there something I can adjust to stop this from occurring?
I have been told that the Patriot Thunder is made with all similar features.  Any PT owners have this feature?

Lee Welbanks

Re: generator door creeps out
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2015, 12:08:18 AM »
One of your solenoid valves is leaking by and allowing the ram to extend. My pass side living room slide will move out a inch or two sometimes. Only does it sometimes and only seems to do it when the coach is in storage. I have a replacement valve from HWH but haven't bothered to change it yet.

Keith Oliver

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2015, 12:12:12 AM »
Lee:

Sounds like you know something more than I about these things.  Where do I find the solenoid valves?  How do I tell that one is leaking?

Larry Fisk

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2015, 04:46:42 AM »
Keith, I don't have an answer on why it creeps out. sorry. I just thought I would mention that my generator slide ram has a locking mechanism on the end that locks the slide in place when the ram is retracted. Of course if your rod is sliding out on its own that probably unlacthes it from the coach. Anyway i mine went bad and would not run the trey out at all. An RV repairman pulled it off and sent it in to have it rebuilt. Well it wasn't rebuildable due to water damage inside the motor that runs the rod. That's when I found out a new motor/rod combo for the slide trey was over 500 dollars!! That did not include labor for installation. If yours is rebuildable that might be what it needs. that's better than buying a new one. Just my thoughts.
Larry Fisk
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 04:48:29 AM by Larry Fisk »
Larry Fisk
2005 Patriot Thunder 40 ft.
525 (C-13) CAT Engine

Keith Oliver

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2015, 03:33:28 PM »
Larry:

Thanks for your thoughts.   I asked the Monaco Tech when I had him on the for for my other issue.  He suggested running the slide all the way out and holding the switch on for another 5 seconds or so, then running it all the way back in and holding the switch on for 5 seconds or so.  I did that and so far it hasn't crept out again.  His thought was air in the system, that could be purged by that technique.  So far so good.

Lee Welbanks

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2015, 02:55:02 AM »
Lee:

Sounds like you know something more than I about these things.  Where do I find the solenoid valves?  How do I tell that one is leaking?

Keith,

The solenoid valves are on the valve body of your hydraulic pump, yours is probably a HWH system, you will have a valve to extend and one to retract the ram on the generator. Your retract valve is probably leaking past just a little which allows the ram to move out a bit.
Mine operates on the same hydraulic pump for the slides. If you have hydraulic leveling yours might work off that pump.
Get your S/N and call Monaco tech line and they should be able to tell you which pump and system you have. They may have the HWH manual for your unit. The valve are not cheap about $180 ea is what I paid I think.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 02:59:27 AM by Lee Welbanks »