Author Topic: re-progamming entry panel  (Read 13208 times)

Keith Oliver

re-progamming entry panel
« on: February 22, 2015, 11:41:44 PM »
On my 2007 Monaco Dynasty (same as Patriot Thunder) the entry panel has numbers that you press to get the door to unlock.  My code contains several repeats of one of the numbers, and that often pressed number no longer responds.  Is it possible to reprogram this panel to a code that doesn't use the non-functioning number?  That would need to be possible without having to enter the old code.  From other threads, I have read that to replace the number pad is several hundred dollars.  That simply isn't going to happen.

Tic Wilson

Re: re-progamming entry panel
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2015, 01:14:11 AM »
Keith, you may want to start here: http://www.keyless.com/PDF/KE1701UserGuide.pdf.  Depending on the code you have set up, you may not have an issue changing the code.
In my coach the reset button is located behind a panel next to the (curbside) or passenger seat.  The reset button is part of the wiring for the keypad, so you may have to pull the wires out a bit to locate the reset button.  I have found the Essex support people to be very helpful.

Chuck Jackson

• BAC Member
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2015, 06:33:51 PM »
Keith,

I had to do this on my Beaver but I have the e-GRAB lighted handle with the built-in keypad. Is that what you have?
2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4328
2008 Beaver Contessa 40' Pacifica 425 Cat - Sold

Keith Oliver

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2015, 01:35:57 AM »
Chuck:

I have the lighted handle.  The built in keypad is numbered from the top down, 1,2,3,4, doorbell, with a lock symbol in with the number 1.  Everything works except the #4.  If that is the same as yours, I need your experience with the re-programming.

Keith

Jerry Jayne

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2015, 03:12:29 PM »
I have an '09 Beaver Contessa with a TriMark keyless entry system (www.trimarkcorp.com).  Its called e-ASK for "Electronic Access Security Keyless-entry".  It has an e-FOB wireless remote and an e-PAD electronic keypad at the entry door.  There are 5 buttons on that keypad and they are numbered (from top to bottom):   1(also with a Lock Symbol), 2, 3, 4, and Doorbell (5 buttons total).  I think its the same as the one described in this Posting. My user manual has instructions on how to "reprogram" the "Access Code" to a new 5 digit number (it comes from the factory as a standard 5 digit code sequence, which I wont give here for security reasons).  You need the 5 digit "Authority Code" to do the reprogramming (which is in the manual).     
If you cannot get to the user manual on-line, please call me and I'll give you the instructions from my manual.  This, of course, is assuming we have the same electronic entry system.
Jerry Jayne
312-576-1048
'09 Beaver Contessa

Chuck Jackson

• BAC Member
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2015, 03:29:45 PM »
I sent you the instructions I used that Monaco gave me just in case you haven't hooked up with Jerry yet.

Chuck

Keith Oliver

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2015, 05:06:10 PM »
Jerry, Chuck:

Thanks for your help.  You have encouraged me to call Monaco at 877-466-6226.  The Customer Service Tech there directed me to pull the pass side cup holder and follow the reset instructions that he was sending to my email.  When that comes in and I follow those instructions i will let you know if it was successful.

Keith
The following users thanked this post: Joel Ashley

Keith Oliver

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2015, 01:09:49 AM »
I pulled up the cup holder, to follow instructions from the Customer Service Tech at Monaco. I was to press the reset button on the module 4x4x1 that would be located there, then follow other instructions he had given me.  Well, no module, so I phone him again.  He had me remove the radio panel to look there, then remove the top of dash panel to look there.  no module.  He told me that 80% of the time they put them under the cup holder on the passenger arm rest, 20% behind the radio.  I asked where else and he had no suggestions.  Stumped for now.

I also followed reset instructions that Chuck kindly forwarded, but got nowhere, as those instructions involved the use of my non-responsive #4.

Tomorrow, 8-4 Central time, I will call TriMark.

Dan Murphy

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2015, 01:01:37 PM »
Keith
I found our module buried behind the dash when I removed the cover in the curved portion near the steering wheel. It was hard to see and I had to dig for it.

Jerry Jayne

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2015, 01:27:13 PM »
Keith, I may not end up being of any help for you.  My instructions for re-prgramming the unit involves using the #4 button a certain number of times (thats the "Authority Code").   If your #4 button doesnt work, I am of no help.  Hopefully you'll find the "burried" unit and TriMark can give you instructions on how to reset using it.
Jerry Jayne
312-576-1048
jjayne@rcn.com

Jerry Emert

• BAC Member
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2015, 07:46:46 PM »
Again maybe no help but I found something on-line that said that the reset is inside the zippered area of the co-pilot right hand seat arm.  I looked there on my coach and it was not there!  I did find it behind the actual number pad on the outside of the coach which did not seem logical but it is what it is.  Good luck.
Jerry, Chief USN Retired
2003 Patriot Thunder Lexington 40' 3 Slides
C-12 Ser#  2KS89983
4000MH

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2015, 08:08:33 PM »
Keith, if the module isn't under a dash access panel in front of the steering wheel like many of our Beavers of that era, nor behind the touchpad in the wall next to the passenger seat, I'd consider going to this Monaco owner's site, registering, and ask where the module is:

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/

But I'd guess from the symptoms that it's the keypad that's faulty, not the module.  Many of us have had them replaced - they apparently aren't well-sealed despite being an outside device exposed to moisture.  My replacement panel acted up in rain and when washed until a BCS tech lexeled it and its escucheon thoroughly.  Funny that we've never had an issue with the one on our '97 Explorer automobile. 

But since yours is in the assist handle, I take it, it's a little different animal than what a lot of us have.  Nevertheless I'd suspect an internal corrosion issue with button 4.  Then again touchpads on any device can have problems with the "touch" surface mechanism itself, especially if a button or buttons are pressed too hard repeatedly, deforming the contact underlayment.  I had trouble with an old microwave like that, from my wife's tendency to be very deliberate with her button pressing.  As in that case a new keypad may be the only fix.

-Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Chuck Jackson

• BAC Member
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2015, 08:40:57 PM »
Keith,

Trimark just quoted me $128 for P/N 24297-01 which is the keypad with the doorbell. Compared to all the other costs these coaches can have, that seems like a bargain to me!

here is the number 1-800-431-8616

Keith Oliver

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2015, 05:36:11 PM »
Chuck, Jerry, Joel;

Thanks for your continued vigilance on this problem.  I haven't had an opportunity to pursuit it further since my last post, but will post when I have something further.

Keith