Author Topic: Cracked Fresh Water Tank  (Read 5048 times)

Steven Hoffman

Cracked Fresh Water Tank
« on: February 23, 2015, 06:08:56 PM »
The fresh water tank has decided that my bay needed a good cleaning and has started dripping from a small crack in the lower corner.

I am hoping I can get it repaired as I am sure getting and installing a replacement will pose it's own problems.

I am currently in Mesa and looking for recommendations.  A mobile service would be fantastic, but am prepared to remove the tank and transport to a shop if one is somewhat local.

Steve
97 Beaver Patriot 

Don Beukers

Re: Cracked Fresh Water Tank
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2015, 06:46:22 PM »
I had this happen on a '98 Marquis. I drained all the water, roughed up the crack and used a fiberglass kit to fill the crack and then applied a few strips of fiberglass over the crack with the resin. Never had a problem after that.

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2015, 08:27:30 PM »
Steven,
I've not had experience with mobile repair guys but there are a number of capable shops in Mesa if you can't repair it yourself per the previous posts. 2 that I've had fairly good luck with are Luxury RVs and RV Renovators. Both are on the south side of Main between Gilbert and Lindsey Rds.
Steve
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp

Gerald Farris

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2015, 03:15:16 AM »
Steve,
I had a fresh water tank leak on my 93 model Patriot many years ago, and I just removed the tank and took it to a plastic welding/fabricating shop. They welded the crack and then welded a plate over the area of the same material the tank was made from. There is almost no chance that you will be able to find a new replacement tank that is an exact fit.

Gerald

Steven Hoffman

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2015, 08:11:27 PM »
Took the tank to Philip's Plastics LTD in Phoenix.  They welded and reinforced the corner where the crack was.  Cost $50.00.  Holding water so far.

Thanks for the suggestions.
The following users thanked this post: Carol Moffett