Author Topic: Warwick Rhode Island Campground?  (Read 5469 times)

Bruce Sieloff

Warwick Rhode Island Campground?
« on: February 23, 2015, 11:17:43 PM »
Does anyone have any suggestions regarding good places to stay (with a 45 footer) near Warwick, Rhode Island?  We'd like to attend the Rhodesian Ridgeback National there in September. 

Thanks, Bruce, Pat and Ridgies
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 03:11:27 PM by Glenda Farris Co-Admin »

steve zannella

Re: Warwick Rhode Island Campground?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2015, 05:03:25 PM »
We Stayed at Holiday Acres Greenville RI lots of room to maneuver open field 50 amp full hookups dusty road lots of traffic, smokey from tent campers about 12 miles to Warwick.

Also Stayed at Oak Embers West Greenwich RI narrow country roads to get there, tight maneuver for 45 footer 50 amp water no sewer connections dump station dirt parking lots of shade trees quiet 17 miles to Warwick.

Looked at Fishermans Warf in Point Judith great location near ocean hard to get reservations lot of small sites although a few may accommodate 45 foot full hookups lot of traffic in summer 30 miles to warwick.

Steve

Bruce Sieloff

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2015, 06:56:42 PM »
Thank you, Steve!

Jerald Cate

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2015, 07:09:35 PM »
We stayed at Ashaway RV Resort in Bradford, RI last September, that would be about 30 miles from Warwick.  This is a fairly new campground and they still have some growing pains but our overall stay was positive.  It's located out in the country, very quiet and wasn't crowded at all when we were there.  Most complaints I found researching the place was unlevel sites, I was able to look around and find a site I liked and had no problem leveling.  I spoke with one of the owners while I was there and he was working with the contractor to come back in and improve the site leveling.  The owner also owned a Marquis but not a BAC member, I informed him about the club, don't know if he ever joined.

Bruce Sieloff

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2015, 10:46:33 PM »
Thank you, Bruce.  We will check it out.