Author Topic: Kitchen faucet - did I do bad?  (Read 3517 times)

Tic Wilson

Kitchen faucet - did I do bad?
« on: February 26, 2015, 04:31:12 PM »
Basic question: is there a difference between residential and RV faucets?  I replaced a corroded and leaking kitchen sink faucet with a residential unit.  Water flow is of lower pressure than any other faucet in the coach.  Pump can be heard cycling or pulsing even with faucet wide open.  All other faucets at wide open, the pump runs continuous.
So, did I do bad?  thoughts or suggestions appreciated.  Thanks!

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
Re: Kitchen faucet - did I do bad?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2015, 04:44:01 PM »
Tic,
No difference. I've replaced a number of them with no issues. Sounds like there is an obstruction in water flow path. Things to try;
1. Remove the aireator from the faucet output and and run water.
2. Remove any water saver restrictor that might have come with new faucet.
3. Disconnect feed lines (with water pump off) and then turn on pump to flush lines as a piece of corrosion might have gotten into the line or lodged in the new faucet.
Steve
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp

Gerald Farris

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2015, 06:03:46 PM »
Tic,
Steve is correct. Beaver always used residential faucets. You either got something in it causing a restriction, or you bought an environmentalist water saver faucet and need to remove the factory installed restriction.

Gerald   

Tic Wilson

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2015, 02:48:40 PM »
Steve, Gerald, y'all hit it out of the park.  Un-threaded the head and found fine grains of sand nearly blocking the little screen.  Cleaned it out and it works great.  That sand may have been in the line all along, since the faucet worked that way from the day of install.  We typically use a double water filter before entering the coach, so I'm not sure where I gathered the sand.
I did a fresh water dump and then refilled the fresh water to hopefully remove sediment.  Thank you gentlemen!