Author Topic: Drivers window creak  (Read 4654 times)

Rick Adams

Drivers window creak
« on: March 13, 2015, 08:06:59 PM »
I have an 04 Marquis and was wondering if anyone else has experienced a creaking noise from the drivers window when the body flexes making a turn or a bumpy road. It gets very irritating after a while. The window has no visible screws.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 08:09:39 PM by Rick Adams »

Lee Welbanks

Re: Drivers window creak
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2015, 10:38:22 PM »
We have a creaking noise when I hit a certain type of bump or a certain rough road and in two years haven't been able to zero in on it. One noise was the power shades for the windshield. Would only make noise if rolled all the way up, leave them down a couple of inches no noise.
Have another beep beep once in a while from somewhere in the dash,,,,no clue what that is either. The way sound bounces off everything in the front it is real hard to zero in on a mystery noise.

Good Luck!

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2015, 11:35:20 PM »
Rick,
The screws should be under the rubber gasket that surrounds the window.
Steve
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2015, 01:27:10 AM »
Lee - I get an intermittent ringing sound from the dash that is a signal for low oil in the slides and hydraulic leveling reservoir tank.  When I go over a particularly rough bridge or dip in the road I will hear a couple rings.  And of course when the jacks are down or the slides are out the ringing is constant.

The only other noise I hear is wind noise from outside - mainly around the door seal, but it's not loud enough to impair a normal conversation with my SO - unless she didn't get the door completely closed.  Then it's much louder and disruptive to conversing.
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!

Lee Welbanks

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2015, 02:27:25 AM »
David,

The beep beep never last long enough to figure out where or what is comes from. The creak noise usually goes away after some miles down the road. Our door seal is good and tight and I am really happy with how quiet the coach is inside while traveling down the road. Or I should say most roads Hwy 160 up across the Indian res is about as rough as they get, there is a seam joint across the road about every 50'  so you get the bump, bump, bump for about a 100 miles.