Author Topic: Label in Front Electrical Panel  (Read 4550 times)

Tom Patton

Label in Front Electrical Panel
« on: March 31, 2016, 02:54:11 PM »
My owners manual says the "labeling" for circuits and fuses in front electrical compartment should be shown on a label in that compartment.  We bought our 2006 Beaver Monterey used, and it did not have such a lebel or sticker in the electrical compartment.

Anyone with similar model be kind enough to shoot me a decent iPhone photo of that label, and mail to my email address; tom.patton@verizon.net

I am trying to isolate the horn relay and the horn solenoid since my horn has stopped working.

Last question: what is the small front air compressor used for? 

Thanks,

Tom

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
Re: Label in Front Electrical Panel
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2016, 03:28:04 PM »
The small compressor is used for keeping your coach level while parked.  Many coaches have some air leaks and over hours or days the coach will sag to one side/end or another.  If your air leveling controls are set to maintain level while parked, then it should at least attempt to keep the coach level.
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!

Mark Bryant

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2016, 03:40:54 PM »
Horn problem maybe smart wheel issue. Do wiper work, if not may be smart wheel!

Mark Bryant

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2016, 03:41:58 PM »
Just sent you picture of electric bay!

Tom Patton

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2016, 04:10:31 PM »
The wipers work, and the horn enacts the switch....just doesn't open air valve to horn.  I need to identify that valve to unstick or replace.

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2016, 08:37:27 AM »
As David says, the compressor found under the curbside front end helps keep the bags balanced while parked and leveled.  But it won't work if you manually level with the keypad;  the pump is tied into the Auto-Level system, which is the button on your air-leveling keypad that you would most often use at campsites.  If one corner of the coach drifts down a bit over time, perhaps hours or perhaps days, a level sensor in the controller box on the ceiling of your electric bay tells the computer to kick on the compressor, opening the valve to the low bag, and releveling things, usually within a short time.

But the compressor is not mounted in an ideal, protected spot, and often suffers from dirt or other damage that causes it to fail.  Or it's electrical or air lines can get compromised so it doesn't work as intended.  Just be aware of that.  When it's working right, you may hear it run every now and then while staying at park or campsite.  If the coach goes noticeably askew over some time, after initially using AutoLevel and without hearing the pump during that time, it will need attention, repair, or replacement with preferably a ViAir quality unit.

Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat