Author Topic: Awning Box  (Read 5133 times)

Edward Buker

Awning Box
« on: April 04, 2016, 06:14:28 PM »
Keith and Carol were kind enough to forward info on the awning box that I had not seen in any detail. This should clear up any confusion for those of us that have not seen one before as to how they are constructed and what it takes to do a leak repair on one.

Later Ed

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
  • Every day is a blessing!
Re: Awning Box
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2016, 10:46:03 PM »
Thanks Ed for reposting these.  I believe it is time to change this function in the forum.  What software did you use to modify / size these pics?  We so often use the tablet to take pictures because the screen is way better than a camera but that means we are limited to Android apps unless we jump through a bunch of hoops.
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2016, 10:53:29 PM »
I should point out that these pictures are out of order.  The third pic seems to show the awning liner insert (stainless steel) being put back in place.  It was removed and discarded.  BCS used a product similar to one used inside a fish aquarium.  This sealed the hole nicely and there was no need for the liner.
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!

Edward Buker

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2016, 11:28:19 PM »
Keith,

I admit I am having some growing pains with a new computer and Windows 10. I had to take your email and resend it to myself in Live Mail to get the photos into attachment form instead of being embedded. I had to receive them and copy them into folders in the Windows 10 photo viewer which will not resize them (very stupid of Microsoft in this day and age) and then I had to open them in Microsoft Office to resize and rename them back into the photo viewer folders and then go to the BAC forum to select and post them.

....Some days I think I could train to be an Olympic Ski Jumper, like Eddie the Eagle did, faster then I could get through the steps needed to receive, resize, save and post photos... The forum program handles the photo selection process well if the size is right.

Later Ed

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2016, 02:37:49 AM »
Ed, I was wondering why no size adjustment is available in the forum!  Just a curiosity!
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!

Carol Moffett

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2016, 11:40:24 AM »
Yes, thank you Ed!  I'm sorry they were such a pain!  I took these pics on my old (2yrs lol) tablet which never had any problem posting pics straight onto the forum with no resizing at all.  The problem is, I have since gotten a new tablet that I had to move all my pics to.  Now the new tablet says the pics are too big and offers no help to resize them!  It makes no sense to me at all...sigh*  I will keep trying, tho, there has got to be a way!
Thanks again!
Carol   :^3=
Carol Moffett (better half of Keith)
Totally Gorgeous, 45ft 2007 Patriot Thunder "ZOLA"
CAT C-13
2006 Ford Explorer Ltd, as toad
  :^3=~

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2016, 11:32:43 PM »
Don't forget to review the resizing guide that Steve and I assembled a few years ago in the General Discussions section off the Home page, and the one by Mike Way.  They may, however, be a bit behind the times with reference to the very latest devices and operating systems.

-Joel

Uhh....hmmm..
Steve/Glenda - the resizing link now goes to Error on the main club's page.  What's up?
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 11:37:54 PM by Joel Ashley »
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2016, 04:12:41 AM »
It's fixed. Thanks for the heads-up Joel.
Steve
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp

Stan Simpson

• BAC Member
  • One mile South of the Cheddar Curtain
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2016, 05:50:09 PM »
Ed,

Try a free utility called PhotoScape. Great editing and resizing and other things photographic.
Stan Simpson & Becky Glover & Moe the cat
2005 Monterey Laguna IV
C9 400 Cat
Honda CRV toad