Author Topic: Passenger Seat Footrest  (Read 9831 times)

Greg Kamper

Passenger Seat Footrest
« on: March 25, 2015, 06:19:56 PM »
I am still trying to locate a motor for the passenger footrest in my 00 PT. Would someone mind posting a picture of theirs so I know what it will take to fix mine. The previous owner took my motor out and I don't have a clue what it looks like. I attached a couple pictures of what was there.
Thanks,
Greg

Phil N Barb Rodriguez

Re: Passenger Seat Footrest
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2015, 06:29:57 PM »
Greg,

I had our dead foot rest motor changed last year at BCS. Give their parts dept. a call, they have info on the motor and a vendor. The vendor is in SoCal.

Phil

The following users thanked this post: Carol Moffett

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2015, 06:54:05 PM »
You're missing the motor and cable. Here's a pic of it. The chair is made by Villa but they don't sell retail.
Steve
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp

Greg Kamper

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2015, 08:18:40 PM »
Thanks for the info! I will call BCS.
Thanks for the picture Steve..

Tom and Pam Brown

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2015, 12:00:23 AM »
Greg,  not to disagree with others, but Villa sells direct to end users.  I bought the same thing direct from them about 4 years ago.

Phil N Barb Rodriguez

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2015, 12:33:50 AM »
No problem with disagreeing Tom. I located the part, that I thought was the right one, at Villa. I wanted BCS to order the part and install it to make sure it was in fact the right part so that they would handle any "wrong" part issue.

At that time I think the BCS parts folks ordered all of those types of parts that Villa had in stock.

Phil

Greg Kamper

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2015, 08:40:17 PM »
I ended up calling Villa twice... one time I called Kustom Fit and talked to a helpful woman named Jeri. She gave me her email address and I emailed her my photos. She warned me that they were having email problems so it might be a day or two. After reading the last few posts I thought I should just call Villa... They put me through to Jeri( I didn't realize it was her) and after describing what I needed she asked if I was Greg... I said yes, and she said that we spoke a couple days ago. I thought she worked for Kustom fit? She then explained that Villa Bought Kustom Fit... anyway... I now have a motor and shaft on the way... Thanks everyone. BTW... I also called BCS and left a message and no one ever called me back...

Matthew Harger

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2015, 12:03:25 AM »
Greg-
My passenger foot rest motor is dead too....could you please provide me with the contact info for Villa as well as the part number and its cost.  Thank you.

Lee Welbanks

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2015, 12:31:58 AM »
How about posting the part numbers and items plus cost here so we know where to look in the future.

Phil N Barb Rodriguez

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2015, 08:07:36 PM »
Here are the numbers for the passenger seat parts I had BCS change out on 5/16/14, as stated on their Repair order:

4START- Box gear for worm gear- $78.75

SAM86B- Motor EFR Pilot Seat, Villa- $90.00

Labor- 2 hrs- $240.00

Don't know if these part numbers are for BCS or Villa.

Phil

Greg Kamper

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2015, 12:23:57 AM »
The parts are a little less directly from Villa. The part numbers look the same. I didn't have a price breakdown, but the tree parts I have were $147.75. I'm still missing the two lock-nuts that limit the travel and I'm also missing the "speedo cable" that connects the gearbox to the motor. I might be willing to sell the new gearbox, because my old one still works, although I probably should keep it for a spare... Villa's Number is (562)404-8111, ask for Jeri... Tell her Greg sent you!

I hope it's ok to post their number... sorry if I shouldn't have...
The following users thanked this post: Bill Borden

Greg Kamper

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2016, 12:37:33 AM »
I know this is an old post but I need some help... I'm still trying to get my passenger seat foot rest to work again. The previous owner removed the motor and mount when the all-thread screw broke. I now have the parts, although the "drive shaft" is incorrect I'm sure because it is a loose fit in the gearbox, but it is too small to even grab in the motor. I think I can wrap the driveshaft with a cut up aluminum can to take up the slop, but I have no idea how it is supposed to look when all together. Can anyone try to take a picture from the bottom that shows what it is supposed to look like? I would be very thankful. I can't really tell from the picture that Steve posted I know Joel Weiss has the same coach as me... hint hint... :P I attached all of my parts that I now have...