Author Topic: Fuse location  (Read 5633 times)

Michael Hannan

Fuse location
« on: March 28, 2015, 04:34:55 AM »
Hello.  I was in the process of replacing one of the PC style fans that blows the heat for the heat exchangers in the furnace system.  On of the wires shorted out out and I suspect that it blew a fuse.  I checked the manual but I'm either not understanding or misinterpreting it.  I'm looking for the automobile style fuses that it shows in the photo I'm attaching. It says as I read it that they are supposed to be located under the breaker panel.  Also attached is a photo of the DC breaker with the front plate removed  I don't see any fuses.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks
MJ

Lee Welbanks

Re: Fuse location
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2015, 04:47:17 AM »
Michael,

I seem to remember something about those fans being controlled out of the Aqua Hot system, I'll check the manual to see if I can find the wiring drawing.
Looked at the Aqua Hot manual and those fans are run out of the electronic control board for the Aqua Hot, I don't see any fuses or circuit breakers any place.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 05:02:24 AM by Lee Welbanks »

Michael Hannan

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2015, 08:06:09 AM »
Thanks Lee. I'll have a local dealer check it out. Whatever I did it wasn't good.
I'll try calling Aqua Hot tech support on Monday and see if they have any ideas.

MJ
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 08:44:23 AM by Michael Hannan »

Edward Buker

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2015, 02:41:44 PM »
That fuse panel on my unit is within the Aquahot. The fans and the circulators are driven by the same circuit so they come on together as directed by the Thermostats. My unit (100-02s) does not have the external electrical panel with the indicator lights but it would make sense that this fuse panel is within the aquahot unit or possibly within the external panel unit (if you have one) in the aquahot compartment.

Later Ed

Michael Hannan

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2015, 08:08:56 AM »
That's where I located my fuses too Ed. Wasn't exactly an easy job for a FOG but I got it done and everything is working fine.  One noisy fan left to replace.  :)

Thanks all.

MJ
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 04:45:37 PM by Michael Hannan »

Edward Buker

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2015, 01:59:52 PM »
If I remember right the circuit for the fan and circulator is turned on by connecting ground at the Aqua Hot. The fan unit has +12V applied all the time but lacks the ground connection. If there is a ground (chassis or fan housing etc) nearby the fan unit it would be easy to blow a fuse given you have disconnected a "hot wire". Probably best to wire nut insulate that hot wire once disconnected until the new fan connection is made.

Later Ed