Author Topic: More TV upgrades  (Read 6884 times)

Keith Oliver

More TV upgrades
« on: March 29, 2015, 07:19:46 PM »
In my 07 Monaco Dynasty, the front TV was a Sharp Aquos 32".  This TV has a 1.75" bezel and forward facing speakers along the lower edge.  All of this was a snug fit into the  surrounding cherry cabinet.
Earlier this month, the video went dark, so after determining that this was not repairable, and a visit to Costco and Best Buy, we came home with a Panasonic 40" replacement.  This TV has a 1/2" bezel and rear facing speakers, so is just over 2" wider than the opening and 3" less in height than the opening.  I have all the right tools to reshape the opening, but they are at home, 1500 miles from here, so I needed to make do with as simple a modification as possible.  Fortunately, the frame that held the old TV was easily removable and attached just as easily to the new one, although the attaching holes are in the bottom 1/2 of the new TV rather than centered in the back, as was the old one.  I was able to position the new TV behind the opening in the cabinet, instead of flush with the front.  This cuts off 3/4" of viewable screen down each side, and left a 3" gap at the bottom.  A visit to an upholstery shop resulted in getting some vinyl fabric that is used for patio furniture, stiff enough that it doesn't need more than stapling to the inside of the cabinet to hold it in place.  Now I can put the enlarging of the opening on the to-do list, but well down near the bottom.
The following users thanked this post: Carol Moffett

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
Re: More TV upgrades
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2015, 07:56:18 PM »
Keith,
Looks good now and I suspect not too tough a mod to make it fit correctly.
Steve
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp