Author Topic: Windshield washer fuse location--2000 Pat Thunder  (Read 4879 times)

Joel Weiss

Windshield washer fuse location--2000 Pat Thunder
« on: April 10, 2015, 08:15:02 PM »
Does anyone know where the windshield washer fuse would be located on a 2000 Patriot Thunder.  My wipers work, but nothing happens when I push the washer button.  It had worked fine last fall so my first thought is to check the fuse.

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
Re: Windshield washer fuse location--2000 Pat Thunder
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2015, 09:13:00 PM »
Joel,
If it's fused it is probably under the dash. Before you go digging for the fuse have someone turn on the washers while you have the elec. bay open so you can see/hear the washer reservoir. Since the washer hasn't been used in quite some time, I suspect it may have lost its prime. If the pump runs, you need to prime it by getting liquid in the hose that feeds the washer outlets at the windshield. One way is to disconnect the hose feeding one of the washer diffusers and filling it it with water (I usually blow a mouthful into the hose). That should give you a prime.
If the pump doesn't run, it's either a fuse of a bad pump. Check for voltage at the pump. You'll have to dismount the reservoir to access the pump. If no voltage; bad fuse. If voltage when washers are activated; bad pump (or ground). It should be a standard pump available at Auto Zone or any auto parts store. (I got one for our 01 Contessa at Auto Zone soem years ago).
Steve
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp

Joel Weiss

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2015, 10:50:21 PM »
Thanks. Steve.  I'll check it out.  The coach is going back to Iron Horse RV on Tuesday anyway to get its Hurricane reinstalled (ITR rebuilt it).  If I can't get it working, they'll be able to.

Note added:  There's definitely voltage at the pump but there's no sound and no vibration when it should be running.  Guess I'll find a replacement motor.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 11:16:28 PM by Joel Weiss »

Marty and Suzie Schenck

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2015, 11:48:49 PM »
Joel, If it is like my 2002 it is not the fuse (you stated there was power there) it is the pump motor. On mine, the pump just pushes into a rubber grommet in the tank. My local "Parts Plus" auto parts store had one. Took my old one with me and they found it in a catalog and had one in stock. As I remember it was less than $10.00 to my surprise. Marty

Joel Weiss

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2015, 01:00:32 AM »
In case anyone needs a new washer pump for an SMC-built Beaver of the 1999-2000 period, the washer pump is from a Ford F150 of the same period.   Got one at AutoZone for ~$17.