Author Topic: light control switch  (Read 6162 times)

Jerry Carr

• BAC Member
  • 06 Pat. Thunder Cat. C13
light control switch
« on: May 08, 2010, 06:12:36 PM »
I hope this is a small problem, we have a 2006 Pat. Thunder.

I am unable to turn on one of my overhead lights when I touch the light control switch.

The switch is part of a panel of 6 switches that includes the Aqua Hot controls. All of the other switches work
if you touch any of these they will light up and operate correctly, but this one will not light up or turn on the light.

It seems like its not making any contact I am not sure how to repair this.

Jerry
Regards,
Jerry Carr
Past Region 1 V.P.
Entegra Anthem
06 Pat. Thunder Cat C13

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
Re: light control switch
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2010, 10:36:05 PM »
Check the 10 amp mini-fuses for the multiplex circuits;  they should be behind a cabinet in the bathroom.

If one is burned out, and replacing it fixes the problem, then you have to wonder what caused the amperage surge that blew it in the first place.

My experience, though, is that if the switch controls a single halogen light (you didn't stipulate), it is simply a burned out lamp.
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Jerry Carr

• BAC Member
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2010, 12:49:26 AM »
Thanks Joel.

thats a good call on the fuse I will plan to start my trouble shooting withe this first.The switch for our overhead Kitchen lights.

Jerry    
Regards,
Jerry Carr
Past Region 1 V.P.
Entegra Anthem
06 Pat. Thunder Cat C13

Jerry Carr

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2010, 12:27:49 AM »
Hello everyone,

Joel's Idea about the fuse was right on but without a schematic and legend it's near impossible to track down a circuit.

I did try the fuses one at a time and was unable to locate a problem, so I gave up and called Monaco for help.

I would really like a printed fuse legend for each fuse block,  this should locate the fuse and the fuse numbers and the circuit.

It should be in the owners manual but guess what! IT"S NOT.

I was unable to get this schematic from Monaco nor from beaver coach sales. BUMMER we have 5-6 fuse blocks and the have no descriptor identifier to aid in trouble shooting.

With the help of Monaco I did do a quick trouble shooting of the problem and it turns out that I had a simple switch face plate failure.
I found 3 points of the 4  fastening points had broken the face plate, the screws hold the face plate and the circuit board and the Cover plate just snaps over the top ( I had notice that the switch felt very soft when depressed)

The REPAIR
I did the repair by removing  the face plate from the cover plate, then I removed all 4 screws from the circuit board (3 broken) to the face plate.
I then did a quick super glue repair to the face plate, I also reinforced the screw studs with nylon thread wrapped around each screw post this I then coated with more glue.

After I put it all back in place everything is working fine.
If anyone does this repair be sure to let the glue harden for a good period of time you would not want this to stick to the circuit board.
--
Regards, Jerry

« Last Edit: May 15, 2010, 02:45:04 AM by 14 »
Regards,
Jerry Carr
Past Region 1 V.P.
Entegra Anthem
06 Pat. Thunder Cat C13

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2010, 08:24:15 PM »
Jerry-

Didn't you get the large yellow Wiring Diagram book with the coach?  Our Monterey's has a couple of pages of Multiplex DC diagrams, including which 10-Channel Module wires go where.

If you don't have it, perhaps another '06 Patriot owner here would be willing to scan the Multiplex pages in his book (and any other pages you could use) and email them to you.

-Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Jerry Carr

• BAC Member
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2010, 05:39:02 PM »
Thanks Joel

I would like to get a diagram with this information, If anyone has a 2006 Lexington III I would appreciate your help.

Jerry  
Regards,
Jerry Carr
Past Region 1 V.P.
Entegra Anthem
06 Pat. Thunder Cat C13