Author Topic: Light switches 4 panel airplane like replacements  (Read 8135 times)

Robert Wagner

Light switches 4 panel airplane like replacements
« on: August 10, 2015, 03:41:28 PM »
need to find a replacement for one of my switches in the bedroom. Anyone know where to get them.

Bill Sprague

Re: Light switches 4 panel airplane like replacements
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2015, 03:15:12 PM »
Beaver Coach Sales is a supporter of this club and forum.  I would be surprised if they didn't have them!

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2015, 10:50:36 PM »
A quick check at NW RV Supply didn't turn any up, assuming you mean your Multiplex switch.  BCS is a good option, but other coach brands use them, so they should be available from most diesel dealers.

Are you sure the switch assembly is faulty, or could it be a fuse or something in that circuit's control module?

Joel
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 10:52:31 PM by Joel Ashley »
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Robert Wagner

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2015, 05:42:33 AM »
No the little plastic part broke and is coming out. It works just fine. Just have to keep putting it back in

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2015, 06:31:14 AM »
You might call these guys in Portland to see if they can help:  http://www.pdxrv.com/catalog/c70_p1.html
503-305-6962

Joel
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 06:42:57 AM by Joel Ashley »
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
C9 400HP Cat

Robert Wagner

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2015, 04:17:06 PM »
Went to that site it's a close match but mine have four. Maybe they all come apart?  Is that how those work? 

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2015, 08:14:11 PM »
Yes, I noted on several sites I researched that there was no 4-unit ones... mostly tens and sixes.  Don't know what that's all about.  That's why I thought you should just call or email pdxrv to see if they can help you understand its construction and information enough to make your own repair if possible.  And just because they don't show it on their website doesn't mean they can't get a 4-key one or direct you to a source.  The control modules seem easy enough to come by, but the switch components not so much.

I've never had one apart or I'd try to answer your question.  Buying an entire new switch box appears pretty spendy, but obviously from looking at some websites, including Intellitec's, it is an assembly of several components, which one can buy separately.  Some say Intellitec isn't great for customer service, but a call or email to them may provide assistance.  You might just need the clear switch assembly sans circuit board, probably $20-$25 if pdxrv can get it.

I went out and looked at mine, and as I thought, the cover plate has no screws so must snap on.  I didn't want to break mine trying to pry it off, so you either have to risk that or consult someone who knows how to get it off.  The switch boxes themselves are behind cabinet partitions and walls, not readily accessed from behind.  So my suggestion is to consult with Beaver Coach Sales or someone familiar with harmless plate removal so you can get at the one clear key cover that's likely broken.  Then you can either attempt a plastic-glue or epoxy repair, or order a 4-place clear key cover so you don't have to anty up for an entire switch module.

If anyone else on the Forum has had occasion to disassemble one of these Intellitec Multiplex switch boxes, please chime in here with advice for Robert on popping off the switch plate.  I'd be tempted to use a small plastic or wood spatula under a plate edge, with a cloth cushion under it to protect prying against the wood.  But again, prying in the wrong spot could break a tab.  It may require pressing in from under one or more edge lips to release tabs, using a spatula or screwdriver;  hopefully someone else here knows.  The main thing is to take steps to protect the woodwork around it.

I'd still call BCS or one of the other Bend sponsors of the BAC for advice;  their electrical and cabinet people likely do this switch plate removal regularly.

-Joel
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 08:24:41 PM by Joel Ashley »
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
C9 400HP Cat

Robert Wagner

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2015, 09:05:09 PM »
Yea I have tried to gently pry it off. Don't want to break it so I will call them for some advice.  Thank you so much for all you help.

Drive safe.