Author Topic: Monaco parts refund  (Read 8115 times)

Jerry Carr

• BAC Member
  • 06 Pat. Thunder Cat. C13
Monaco parts refund
« on: April 16, 2015, 11:36:31 PM »
I wanted to let everyone know that I did get some help from Mike Snell on our parts issues. The bad power steering pump has had a credit sent to Massey.

I hope to see a check in the mail soon. I have also asked that they include the freight for the 2nd shipment, we may be asking for to much we will see.

Mike Snell was very very helpful in getting this credit for the bad part. The first pump was sitting on the shelf for 90+ days.

FYI it's not a  good idea to order monaco parts until you can get them installed. Our hang up was we ordered all three failed parts and Monaco. They only sent 2 of the items and we waited for 14 weeks for the cooling Fan motor. Lesson learned the fear Tom at Massey had was the other parts would not be in stock when he needed them. so he had everything sent to PHX and then was informed by Monaco of the 14 week wait on the missing motor.

Regards,
Jerry Carr
Past Region 1 V.P.
Entegra Anthem
06 Pat. Thunder Cat C13
The following users thanked this post: Joel Ashley, Carol Moffett

Lee Welbanks

Re: Monaco parts refund
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2015, 03:15:33 AM »
Jerry,

Did some digging and found the wax valve at a place in England and I have heard that they will ship to the US with no problem. And get this the valve in US dollars is $214 in stock plus shipping. You will probably have to register to see the price.

http://www.whitehouseproductsltd.com/product-details.aspx?pid=18059453&&pn=553%2f1%2f09857%2f210&page=1

Jerry Carr

• BAC Member
  • 06 Pat. Thunder Cat. C13
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2015, 02:58:40 PM »
Wow thanks a deal on the wax valve, Lee.  I wonder if they meet the Cat spec. The Source Engineering valve was $800.

I think I am running inside of specs just not the same as before the break down I am now running about 10 degrees warmer .On the return trip from PHX we operated in the 194-204 range this is inside of the Cat specifications. I still think the issue is the old wax valve was in the 184-192 operating cycle. I think this is set at the factory and not adjustable. The engine is running fine just warmer than it was before.

Monaco has sent the adjustment to Massey for the defective pump plus Brandon Ferguson did indicate that the cost was lowered on the 2nd pump to cover the freight.

Thanks Mike Snell and Monaco for the help in correcting the cost.
Regards,
Jerry Carr
Past Region 1 V.P.
Entegra Anthem
06 Pat. Thunder Cat C13

Lee Welbanks

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2015, 03:29:57 PM »
Wow thanks a deal on the wax valve, Lee.  I wonder if they meet the Cat spec. The Source Engineering valve was $800.

I think I am running inside of specs just not the same as before the break down I am now running about 10 degrees warmer .On the return trip from PHX we operated in the 194-204 range this is inside of the Cat specifications. I still think the issue is the old wax valve was in the 184-192 operating cycle. I think this is set at the factory and not adjustable. The engine is running fine just warmer than it was before.

Monaco has sent the adjustment to Massey for the defective pump plus Brandon Ferguson did indicate that the cost was lowered on the 2nd pump to cover the freight.

Thanks Mike Snell and Monaco for the help in correcting the cost.

Jerry,

As far as I know Source uses the exact same valve and it has nothing to do with Cat it is all part of the Danfoss Fan system. As I stated before you need to find out what the part number is for the one Massey installed in your system. There are nine different temp settings for these valves. I looked at the one in my PT and it is # 553/1/09857/210, 9857 has a 200 degree setting.

Lee
The following users thanked this post: Joel Ashley

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2015, 06:40:54 PM »
I've only been following Jerry's recent results intermittently, but it looks to me like Lee's last post explains an awful lot.

Kudos to Lee for his research, time, and input.  Even though what he did is what Massey might have done a long time ago to get Jerry the correct version of valve, we all benefit when members make that kind of effort to help clear our understanding of an issue.

-Joel 
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat