Author Topic: Power Cord Reel  (Read 4896 times)

Don Hircock

Power Cord Reel
« on: April 18, 2015, 04:36:33 PM »
My Power reel just went out at a very bad time but guess there is no good time.  Are you talking Glendenning CM-7, that's what I seem to be finding.

Thanks,

Don

Gerald Farris

Re: Power Cord Reel
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2015, 06:53:39 PM »
Don,
The vast majority of the malfunctions with a Glendenning power cord real is either the switch or the place were Beaver spliced the wiring between the switch and the connection at the reel. However, I do not think that your 2005 Monterey uses the Glendenning CM-7 power cord reel. If your coach has a round spool that it winds the cord onto it is not the CM-7. The CM-7 uses a pulley to feed the cord into a compartment or locker like the anchor chain on a ship. I am not sure what brand power cord reel is used on the 2005 Monterey, but I am sure that a fellow Monterey owner will chime in with the answer.

Gerald
« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 07:05:47 PM by Gerald Farris »

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2015, 07:01:54 PM »
My coach is only one year different than yours Don, but has the Glendenning CableMaster RLC model.  Your CM7 is somewhat different, and used mostly on boats apparently.  As Gerald notes, there is likely a common explanation for its failure.  Check this link that may prove helpful:

http://www.glendinningprods.com/gmp/pdf/cablemaster/cm-models/cm-7/Cablemaster_CM_-_Troubleshooting_Guide.pdf

If you find instead that you actually have the RLC model, refer to this link:

http://www.glendinningprods.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=162:rlc&catid=90:cm-models&Itemid=486

-joel
« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 07:10:54 PM by Joel Ashley »
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Don Hircock

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2015, 03:33:26 AM »
Sorry, lots of things on the mind today.  I was just asking if the CM-7 is the model I should be looking for.  I have no idea of what round spool it is in there now but don't want that type of setup.  I have an electrician coming out Monday morning that I believe can hard wire it in so I have power.  I would believe that can take care of me until I can get whatever I need for a replacement.  We're near Navajo Dam, NM and its been cold last few days.  Need power as I have to make a trip by car to Hot Springs, AR.  Waiting for a call anytime that my brothers time here on earth has expired.  As always, thanks for your help.

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2015, 04:08:08 AM »
Don,
Sorry to hear about your brother.
If you can get access to the 50amp plug, suggest you have the electrician wire a receptacle so you can plug/unplug. (I carry an "extension cord" with a 50A receptacle on one end and a plug on the other that I can replace with a circuit breaker if I have access to a breaker box). In any case, I would avoid having him cut or "wire nut" a connection.
I've attached a document on RV wiring. Pg 3 shows the correct hookup for a 50amp receptacle (14-50R).
Steve
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp