Author Topic: kitchen faucet without aerated stream  (Read 7867 times)

Uwe Schmalenbach

• BAC Member
kitchen faucet without aerated stream
« on: April 19, 2015, 11:59:54 PM »
On my 2007 40" Contessa the kitchen faucet only operates with a spray, which does not convert to a smooth aerated stream when pressing the center button on the top. Can that be fixed and if so how? Or where should I go to buy a replacement for just the part at the end of the hose, not a complete new faucet?

Uwe Schmalenbach
2007 Contessa 40'
CAT C9 400 hp

Fred Brooks

• BAC Member
  • RVIA Certified Luxury Technician 49 years, Retired
Re: kitchen faucet without aerated stream
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2015, 01:04:16 AM »
     Hi Uwe, Not sure what kind of faucet you have, Delta, Pfister, Moen, or Grohe. I believe you may be able to replace the "hand held". Try Lowes or Home Depot. A word of caution when you remove the head, Tape off the flex hose or tie it in a knot because it's a hassle trying to get up thru the fixture once it has fallen out.
    Regards, Fred
Fred & Cindy Brooks
2000 Marquis, Jasper
C-12 Wild Cat (U of A)
2014 Honda CRV
Proverbs 3: 5 & 6
The following users thanked this post: Uwe Schmalenbach

Uwe Schmalenbach

• BAC Member
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2015, 05:57:23 AM »
Going to a specialized plumbing supply place I found that on my coach the kitchen faucet is a Kohler Evoke. That was the good news. The bad news is that a replacement spray head costs $ 97.-- +tax, s&h. For that money I will probably just live with the spray only function.

Uwe Schmalenbach
2007 Contessa 40'
CAT C9 400 hp

Gerald Farris

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2015, 02:28:39 PM »
Uwe,
For that price, it might be worth giving Kohler a call and see if they will cover the defect under warranty. I believe that they have a lifetime warranty to the original purchaser.

Gerald

neil omalley

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2015, 04:22:39 PM »
I absolutely would do to call Kohler. I just replaced a Kohler due to the spry button not moving, They replaced it at no charge. I'm not sure about Gerald's comment about original purchaser .Worth a shot.
The following users thanked this post: Uwe Schmalenbach

Uwe Schmalenbach

• BAC Member
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2015, 07:15:35 PM »
Good thought. I did call Kohler and they only have their warranty for the original buyer of the coach and not to any buyer after that, which is me.  Uwe
2007 Contessa 40'
CAT C9 400 hp

neil omalley

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2015, 11:13:55 PM »
Too bad, EW. I hate that "original owner"nonsense. Are they warranting the part or the buyer. B.S.

Joel Weiss

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2015, 02:17:26 AM »
Good thought. I did call Kohler and they only have their warranty for the original buyer of the coach and not to any buyer after that, which is me.  Uwe

I think the Moen warranty reads the same way, but they didn't ask for proof and I didn't feel the slightest bit of remorse saying I was the original owner.  ::)

neil omalley

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2015, 04:19:22 PM »
interestingly, Joel, when I called Moen, they told ME when my faucet was bought and who I was. Damn technology :)

Joel Weiss

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2015, 06:07:06 PM »
interestingly, Joel, when I called Moen, they told ME when my faucet was bought and who I was. Damn technology :)

I would have thought that might be the case for a faucet bought at retail and registered with them.  Hard to imagine how they would get this info on an OEM item unless you were methodical enough to have registered the items that were built into your MH.

Uwe Schmalenbach

• BAC Member
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2015, 11:12:22 PM »
When I talked to Kohler about the warranty they said they would require proof of original purchase if I wanted the part under warranty

Uwe
2007 Contessa 40'
CAT C9 400 hp