Author Topic: Power Visors 12volt Source  (Read 3393 times)

Fred Brooks

• BAC Member
  • RVIA Certified Luxury Technician 49 years, Retired
Power Visors 12volt Source
« on: April 20, 2015, 01:42:07 AM »
       Hi Guys, I have a friend who had his power shades replaced with a full width MCD Duo shade. He is tired of turning on his ignition key to operate his shades. I suggested we move the power source off the ignition buss and put it over on the house battery buss. I can't find a schematic on an early '06 Marquis (pre multiplex). I tried the earlier models format which was the docking lights but not on this one. Any one out there been down this road.  Thanks Fred
Fred & Cindy Brooks
2000 Marquis, Jasper
C-12 Wild Cat (U of A)
2014 Honda CRV
Proverbs 3: 5 & 6

Edward Buker

Re: Power Visors 12volt Source
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2015, 01:46:49 PM »
Fred,

There should be a lead going to the dash radio that is powered on all the time to maintain memory. The MCD shades have very small motors that draw little current. if there is a fuse holder in the radio harness just tie in on the chassis side. I would think being unswitched, that lead to the radio would avoid the multiplex circuits.

Later Ed
The following users thanked this post: Fred Brooks

Fred Brooks

• BAC Member
  • RVIA Certified Luxury Technician 49 years, Retired
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2015, 12:33:27 AM »
     Hi Ed
Thanks for the feed back and suggestion. The  power wire that feeds the power visors is labeleled "Ignition #250" I found the wire in the FRP compartment. Unfortunatly it powers other ignition components. I removed the wire from the back of the switch and taped it off. I ran a new wire from the house battery buss up thru the expanded foam and put a female spade on it and attached to the switch. I made a new addendum label and put it on the door fuse label. Works "Peachy Keen"
     Regards Fred
Fred & Cindy Brooks
2000 Marquis, Jasper
C-12 Wild Cat (U of A)
2014 Honda CRV
Proverbs 3: 5 & 6

Edward Buker

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2015, 02:29:45 AM »
Fred, sounds like you are good to go with that. You have a vast knowledge of information and experience regarding these coaches and I enjoy your posts....keep them coming.

Later Ed
The following users thanked this post: Fred Brooks