Author Topic: Black tank  (Read 7978 times)

Robert Wagner

Black tank
« on: April 22, 2015, 06:49:29 PM »
We had a washer dryer out in our 2006 Monterey Pacifica along with new floors.

We went to flush the black tank out and water was gushing into the mh.

We looked on top of the black tank and now there is a "T" joint there with a line going about five feet into the mh. We are positive it was not there before!! 

First they said it was for some kind of valve now it's for some kind of vent that has to be there due to standards.

Could someone please send me a picture of the top of their black tank where the sani line goes into the black tank.

This is making zero sense to me as that line is straight to a water source and does not connect to any other lines.

We are so frustrated it's unbelievable.

Thank you in advance.

Bob

Dick Simonis

Re: Black tank
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2015, 07:13:50 PM »
There should be a vacuum breaker on the saniflush line to the black tank.  It's not uncommon (depending on the type) for the gadget that seals it off to leak around the seal.  Most often it's a simple matter to disassemble and clean....if you can access it of course.

The purpose it to prevent black water from siphoning back through the hose connection.
The following users thanked this post: Bryan Schmidt

Robert Wagner

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2015, 07:20:02 PM »
Yes however this lines goes into the mh about five feet. Which puts it beside the dryer. It's not a leak!!  It's full on water pressure flooding into the mh.

I am positive that T was not there before. It makes no sense.

The back flow preventer is behind the hose connection.

Not running five feet straight into the mh

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2015, 08:09:52 PM »
I'd take a photo for you, Robert, but there is no point.  The only T is where the red Saniflush hose goes from the streetside nozzle on top of the tank to the curbside nozzle, and my camera wouldn't make an intelligible image of that 7 feet away on the other side of the coach where that T hides behind the water bay panel and the view of which from the curbside bay opening is blocked by other criss-crossing hoses.  On our coach, the wet bay Saniflush fitting routes up into the cabinet under the toilet room sink via a blue hose that connects there to the vacuum breaker.  A red hose comes out of the breaker and goes back down to the streetside nozzle on top of the tank.

I have no clue why your Saniflush would route back to the washer/dryer unless whoever installed the washer got the Saniflush hose behind the water bay manifold confused with the washer feed, but that still wouldn't gush onto the floor, unless they failed in the washer hookup as well.  I guess an obvious question would be - does the washing machine work okay?

If your vacuum breaker is behind the washer, then it's possible the nozzles in the tank are clogged;  there is a warning in the owners manual for the 2006 Monterey (page. 188) that flooding may occur, although it is ambiguous about exactly how or where.  Even if the nozzle(s) failed due to plugging and the breaker allowed water back through its vent, I'd not expect full force city water flow like you describe.

My first inclination is to get after the washer/dryer installer, taking it back for a demonstration of the fault.  There was already a vent and breaker system in place, and there should have been no need for new plumbing, much less another port into the black tank.  Either they put in a new vacuum breaker for the Saniflush and didn't connect the input or output lines, or they added some new regulated device we don't know about, and fouled that installation.  If possible in the meantime, I'd sure as heck try to get a gander behind the washer to see precisely where the water is emanating from.

Joel   
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 08:39:00 PM by Joel Ashley »
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2015, 08:48:42 PM »
So I thought afterall that I'd try to supply pix.  As I indicated, no good shot of the streetside nozzle connection is visible.  It is barely seen as the brass tank fitting at the far terminus of the red hose leading from the curbside nozzle.  (Click on the description below each photo to open them larger in your computer's photo program.)

Note also the vacuum breaker for the flush system under our bathroom sink.

Joel
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 08:51:05 PM by Joel Ashley »
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
C9 400HP Cat

Robert Wagner

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2015, 11:12:44 PM »
Thank you so much.

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2015, 12:35:30 AM »
You're welcome.  Let us know what you discover about this perplexing issue.  Sounds like the shop you used screwed something up.

Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
C9 400HP Cat

Robert Wagner

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2015, 06:57:36 PM »
Going back to oregon motor coach to have them fix it.

The idiots at freedom rv in spokane wanted to cut a hole thru the bathroom wall. I can not believe this mes.

Oh well oregon motor coach said they would take care of it.

Thanks for all your help

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2015, 07:52:42 PM »
You'll find that the greatest concentration of capable coach repair companies in the country is in Bend.
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
C9 400HP Cat